    What gives? The only thing that's different is that I reset my Westell
    327W DSL modem tonight. But I believe everything there is set back
    right. And why would Seamonkey work and not IE8?
    Ginny, Sep 30, 2008

  2. Ginny

    Dave Guest

    On Sep 29, 8:58 pm, Ginny <> wrote:
    > I have Win XP Pro, SP3 IE8 Beta.
    >
    > I have a weird problem that just started tonight:
    >
    > Whenever I try to go online with IE8, I get and error page with the
    > diagnostic option and it tells me that I cannot access the Internet
    > via HTTP, HTTPS, or FTP.
    >
    > I have reset the Internet Options within IE8 without any success. I
    > have also checked to ensure that I am not "working offline".
    >
    > The weird thing is that I can access the Internet with my newsreader
    > software, I can surf the web using Seamonkey and I can do FTP using
    > Filezilla.
    >
    > What gives? The only thing that's different is that I reset my Westell
    > 327W DSL modem tonight. But I believe everything there is set back
    > right. And why would Seamonkey work and not IE8?

    I would uninstall the software and also report the problem to
    Microsoft. I had a problem with v8 Beta which caused my PC to crash.
    You can imagine what I did (System Restore to a time before the
    installation of v8 - you got it right!).
    Dave, Sep 30, 2008

  3. Ginny

    Ginny Guest

    On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 21:24:05 -0700 (PDT), Dave
    <> wrote:

    >On Sep 29, 8:58 pm, Ginny <> wrote:
    >> I have Win XP Pro, SP3 IE8 Beta.
    >>
    >> I have a weird problem that just started tonight:
    >>
    >> Whenever I try to go online with IE8, I get and error page with the
    >> diagnostic option and it tells me that I cannot access the Internet
    >> via HTTP, HTTPS, or FTP.
    >>
    >> I have reset the Internet Options within IE8 without any success. I
    >> have also checked to ensure that I am not "working offline".
    >>
    >> The weird thing is that I can access the Internet with my newsreader
    >> software, I can surf the web using Seamonkey and I can do FTP using
    >> Filezilla.
    >>
    >> What gives? The only thing that's different is that I reset my Westell
    >> 327W DSL modem tonight. But I believe everything there is set back
    >> right. And why would Seamonkey work and not IE8?

    >I would uninstall the software and also report the problem to
    >Microsoft. I had a problem with v8 Beta which caused my PC to crash.
    >You can imagine what I did (System Restore to a time before the
    >installation of v8 - you got it right!).

    Ah, but therein lies the rub. I tried to do a restore but it failed.
    Tried, then three others previous to that with the same result.

    I have read that some XP SP3 users may not be able to uninstall IE8
    beta. . .I may be among these.
    Ginny, Sep 30, 2008
  4. In message <>, Ginny wrote:

    > I have Win XP Pro, SP3 IE8 Beta.
    >
    > I have a weird problem that just started tonight:
    >
    > Whenever I try to go online with IE8, I get and error page with the
    > diagnostic option and it tells me that I cannot access the Internet
    > via HTTP, HTTPS, or FTP.
    >
    > I have reset the Internet Options within IE8 without any success. I
    > have also checked to ensure that I am not "working offline".
    >
    > The weird thing is that I can access the Internet with my newsreader
    > software, I can surf the web using Seamonkey and I can do FTP using
    > Filezilla.
    >
    > What gives? The only thing that's different is that I reset my Westell
    > 327W DSL modem tonight. But I believe everything there is set back
    > right. And why would Seamonkey work and not IE8?

    Bellsouth is crap? Myabe you could ask them to help you....

    ROTFLMAO!

    <snarf>

    -James Madison
    §ñühw¤£f, Sep 30, 2008
  5. Ginny

    chuckcar Guest

    Ginny <> wrote in

    > I have Win XP Pro, SP3 IE8 Beta.
    >
    > I have a weird problem that just started tonight:
    >
    > Whenever I try to go online with IE8, I get and error page with the
    > diagnostic option and it tells me that I cannot access the Internet
    > via HTTP, HTTPS, or FTP.
    >
    > I have reset the Internet Options within IE8 without any success. I
    > have also checked to ensure that I am not "working offline".
    >
    > The weird thing is that I can access the Internet with my newsreader
    > software, I can surf the web using Seamonkey and I can do FTP using
    > Filezilla.
    >
    > What gives? The only thing that's different is that I reset my Westell
    > 327W DSL modem tonight. But I believe everything there is set back
    > right. And why would Seamonkey work and not IE8?

    What's wrong is inherent in that word beta - software that is not working
    properly yet and has unpredictable results - i.e. buggy (pun intended).
    Uninstall IE 8 and revert to IE 7 by doing so. IE 8 is not ready for prime
    time full stop.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Oct 1, 2008