    PowerPoint.

    What's wrong?

    -ChrisCoaster

    ChrisCoaster, Sep 15, 2009

  2. ChrisCoaster

    ChrisCoaster Guest

    On Sep 14, 9:43 pm, ChrisCoaster <> wrote:
    > Most blues appear PURPLE in Windows Explorer(not IE) - just Explorer.
    >
    > These same blues appear BLUE in: Microsoft Picture Manager or Paint or
    > PowerPoint.
    >
    > What's wrong?
    >
    > -ChrisCoaster

    ______________
    (bump)

    Nobody?

    ChrisCoaster, Sep 16, 2009

  3. ChrisCoaster

    ChrisCoaster Guest

    On Sep 17, 2:36 pm, "James D. Andrews" <> wrote:
    > "ChrisCoaster" <> wrote in message

    > On Sep 14, 9:43 pm,ChrisCoaster<> wrote:> Most blues appear PURPLE in Windows Explorer(not IE) - just Explorer.
    >
    > > These same blues appear BLUE in: Microsoft Picture Manager or Paint or
    > > PowerPoint.

    > > What's wrong?

    > > -ChrisCoaster

    > ______________
    > (bump)
    >
    > Nobody?
    >
    > Display settings?  Color quality selection?

    ________________________
    Windows Vista Home Premium.

    Card/Driver are NVIDIA GeForce 7100.
    All settings defaults:
    Resolution 1440x900. Colors: Highest(32bit)

    Calibrated Settings within NVIDIA:
    Brightness: 75
    Digital Vibrance(Essentially a saturation control): 0.
    Contrast: 15
    Sharpening: +9
    Gamma: 48%

    Like I said - the blues in images appear correct through Paint,
    Picture Manager, Power Point, etc. Through windows explorer, they
    appear purple. Yankee Stadium's seats and outfield fences are dark
    BLUE - not purple.

    -CC

    ChrisCoaster, Sep 17, 2009
  4. "ChrisCoaster" <> wrote in message
    On Sep 17, 2:36 pm, "James D. Andrews" <> wrote:
    > "ChrisCoaster" <> wrote in message

    > On Sep 14, 9:43 pm,ChrisCoaster<> wrote:> Most blues
    > appear PURPLE in Windows Explorer(not IE) - just Explorer.
    >
    > > These same blues appear BLUE in: Microsoft Picture Manager or Paint or
    > > PowerPoint.

    > > What's wrong?

    > > -ChrisCoaster

    > ______________
    > (bump)
    >
    > Nobody?
    >
    > Display settings? Color quality selection?

    ________________________
    Windows Vista Home Premium.

    Card/Driver are NVIDIA GeForce 7100.
    All settings defaults:
    Resolution 1440x900. Colors: Highest(32bit)

    Calibrated Settings within NVIDIA:
    Brightness: 75
    Digital Vibrance(Essentially a saturation control): 0.
    Contrast: 15
    Sharpening: +9
    Gamma: 48%

    Like I said - the blues in images appear correct through Paint,
    Picture Manager, Power Point, etc. Through windows explorer, they
    appear purple. Yankee Stadium's seats and outfield fences are dark
    BLUE - not purple.

    -CC

    <js>
    There are color settings in the monitor itself -- but I'd not expect them to
    be selective on the pictures that get screwed up.

    Do OTHER pictures present themselves correctly? Maybe the file of Yankee
    Stadium is hosed up somehow. Can you save the file of Yankee Stadium
    locally, then open it with a local photo editor? This will tell you if the
    file is screwd up.

    When I open the Seating Chart for Yankee Stadium, there are a couple of
    Yellow rows, a Blue row, and two Purple rows.

    http://www.2-tickets.com/venues/YankeeStadium_all.GIF

    I did an Image Search on YANKEE STADIUM SEATING CHART, and nearly every
    picture has purple seats in at least one section.

    </js>

    Jeff Strickland, Sep 17, 2009
  5. ChrisCoaster

    ChrisCoaster Guest

    On Sep 17, 6:03 pm, "Jeff Strickland" <> wrote:

    > Like I said - the blues in images appear correct through Paint,
    > Picture Manager, Power Point, etc.  Through windows explorer, they
    > appear purple.  Yankee Stadium's seats and outfield fences are dark
    > BLUE - not purple.
    >
    > -CC
    >
    > <js>
    > There are color settings in the monitor itself -- but I'd not expect them to
    > be selective on the pictures that get screwed up.
    >
    > Do OTHER pictures present themselves correctly? Maybe the file of Yankee
    > Stadium is hosed up somehow. Can you save the file of Yankee Stadium
    > locally, then open it with a local photo editor? This will tell you if the
    > file is screwd up.
    >
    > When I open the Seating Chart for Yankee Stadium, there are a couple of
    > Yellow rows, a Blue row, and two Purple rows.
    >
    > http://www.2-tickets.com/venues/YankeeStadium_all.GIF
    >
    > I did an Image Search on YANKEE STADIUM SEATING CHART, and nearly every
    > picture has purple seats in at least one section.
    >
    > </js>- Hide quoted text -

    _____________________
    I was just using YS as an example of something with a dominance of
    blue in it.
    The water off of Grand Cayman is purple through windows explorer - an
    irresistable aqua blue through all others.

    If it was a monitor setting then blue would be off no matter what I
    was viewing the images in. In MS INTERNET Explorer web browser, all
    blues of all subjects appear as the particular shade of blue they
    should.

    -CC

    ChrisCoaster, Sep 17, 2009

    _____________________
    I was just using YS as an example of something with a dominance of
    blue in it.
    The water off of Grand Cayman is purple through windows explorer - an
    irresistable aqua blue through all others.

    If it was a monitor setting then blue would be off no matter what I
    was viewing the images in. In MS INTERNET Explorer web browser, all
    blues of all subjects appear as the particular shade of blue they
    should.

    -CC

    <JS>
    I'm confused. Windows Explorer does not display pictures. It invokes an
    image viewer or image editor that you have told it to invoke. Internet
    Explorer does display JPG files, but is not an image editor, and unless you
    changed something, is generally not the program invoked when a JPG files is
    selected for viewing from within Windows Explorer.

    I agree with your point on the monitor settings, any error there would be a
    systemic error not a selective one. Having said that, it is possible that
    your photo editor that is invoked from Explorer is using the monitor
    defaults, while IE is using the System Settings. It would be worth the
    trouble to adjust the monitor settings. But, you have to determine which
    photo editor/viewer you are using, and make sure it is set to display the
    colors as you want it to.

    </JS>

    Jeff Strickland, Sep 17, 2009
  7. ChrisCoaster

    ChrisCoaster Guest

    On Sep 17, 6:27 pm, "Jeff Strickland" <> wrote:
    > "ChrisCoaster" <> wrote in message

    > On Sep 17, 6:03 pm, "Jeff Strickland" <> wrote:
    >

    > > Like I said - the blues in images appear correct through Paint,
    > > Picture Manager, Power Point, etc. Through windows explorer, they
    > > appear purple. Yankee Stadium's seats and outfield fences are dark
    > > BLUE - not purple.

    > > -CC

    > > <js>
    > > There are color settings in the monitor itself -- but I'd not expect them
    > > be selective on the pictures that get screwed up.

    > > Do OTHER pictures present themselves correctly? Maybe the file of Yankee
    > > Stadium is hosed up somehow. Can you save the file of Yankee Stadium
    > > locally, then open it with a local photo editor? This will tell you if the
    > > file is screwd up.

    > > When I open the Seating Chart for Yankee Stadium, there are a couple of
    > > Yellow rows, a Blue row, and two Purple rows.

    > >http://www.2-tickets.com/venues/YankeeStadium_all.GIF

    > > I did an Image Search on YANKEE STADIUM SEATING CHART, and nearly every
    > > picture has purple seats in at least one section.

    > > </js>- Hide quoted text -

    > _____________________
    > I was just using YS as an example of something with a dominance of
    > blue in it.
    > The water off of Grand Cayman is purple through windows explorer - an
    > irresistable aqua blue through all others.
    >
    > If it was a monitor setting then blue would be off no matter what I
    > was viewing the images in.  In MS INTERNET Explorer web browser, all
    > blues of all subjects appear as the particular shade of blue they
    > should.
    >
    > -CC
    >
    > <JS>
    > I'm confused. Windows Explorer does not display pictures. It invokes an
    > image viewer or image editor that you have told it to invoke. Internet
    > Explorer does display JPG files, but is not an image editor, and unless you
    > changed something, is generally not the program invoked when a JPG files is
    > selected for viewing from within Windows Explorer.
    >
    > I agree with your point on the monitor settings, any error there would be a
    > systemic error not a selective one. Having said that, it is possible that
    > your photo editor that is invoked from Explorer is using the monitor
    > defaults, while IE is using the System Settings. It would be worth the
    > trouble to adjust the monitor settings. But, you have to determine which
    > photo editor/viewer you are using, and make sure it is set to display the
    > colors as you want it to.
    >
    > </JS>- Hide quoted text -

    _____________________
    Ok: Let me describe the window that images pop up in:

    I double-click on an image file - by default, it opens in something
    that has buttons at the bottom. Bottom center button is round and has
    looks like a slide. To the sides are arrows to scroll through the
    pictures in the folder. To the left are the zoom controls. To the
    right(at the bottom) are arrows that allow you to rotate the image
    clockwise/counter-clockwise. It is not an editor, but if I right-
    click on the image, under "Open With", I can choose to open the image
    in Paint, PowerPoint, Word, and Microsoft Office Picture Manager(all
    editors). So what does Windows use to view images in by default?
    What the heck is it called??

    In all of the editors - and on the Internet - the blues(and all other
    colors) are rendered equally accurately. It is only in >whatever< is
    the default viewer application that the blues are purplish.

    If I calibrate the monitor to render images correct in >whatever<,
    then they will look wrong in Internet Explorer and all the editors.

    -CC

    ChrisCoaster, Sep 18, 2009
  8. ChrisCoaster

    ChrisCoaster Guest

    On Sep 17, 7:07 pm, ChrisCoaster <> wrote:
> [...]

    > looks like a slide.  To the sides are arrows to scroll through the
    > pictures in the folder.  To the left are the zoom controls.  To the
    > right(at the bottom) are arrows that allow you to rotate the image
    > clockwise/counter-clockwise.   It is not an editor, but if I right-
    > click on the image, under "Open With", I can choose to open the image
    > in Paint, PowerPoint, Word, and Microsoft Office Picture Manager(all
    > editors).   So what does Windows use to view images in by default?
    > What the heck is it called??
    >
    > In all of the editors - and on the Internet - the blues(and all other
    > colors) are rendered equally accurately.  It is only in >whatever< is
    > the default viewer application that the blues are purplish.
    >
    > If I calibrate the monitor to render images correct in >whatever<,
    > then they will look wrong in Internet Explorer and all the editors.

    _______________________
    AHHHH - FRIG!!! It's called "WINDOWS PHOTO GALLERY". Duhhr!!!

    So something is wrong with Photo Gallery.

    -CC

    ChrisCoaster, Sep 18, 2009

    _____________________
[...]

    When the picture opens, what is displayed on the Title Bar?

    This should be a clue as to the program that is presenting the images to
    you. My PC presents images to me with the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer. I
    can change this by right-clicking on a image file (JPG, for example) and
    selecting Open With, then selecting Choose Program. Select Internet
    Explorer, or any of the others, and then select the checkbox, Always use
    this program to open this type of file.

    </JS>

    Jeff Strickland, Sep 18, 2009
  10. ChrisCoaster

    ChrisCoaster Guest

    On Sep 17, 7:34 pm, "Jeff Strickland" <> wrote:
> [...]

    > What the heck is it called??
    >
    > In all of the editors - and on the Internet - the blues(and all other
    > colors) are rendered equally accurately.  It is only in >whatever< is
    > the default viewer application that the blues are purplish.
    >
    > If I calibrate the monitor to render images correct in >whatever<,
    > then they will look wrong in Internet Explorer and all the editors.
    >
    > -CC
    >
    > <JS>
    > When the picture opens, what is displayed on the Title Bar?
    >
    > This should be a clue as to the program that is presenting the images to
    > you. My PC presents images to me with the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer. I
    > can change this by right-clicking on a image file (JPG, for example) and
    > selecting Open With, then selecting Choose Program. Select Internet
    > Explorer, or any of the others, and then select the checkbox, Always use

    ____________________________
    filename - Windows Photo Gallery

    Yeah, yeah, I know what you are talking about. I just never bothered
    to change the default when I purchased the computer last year.

    I'll try it, but it's too bad Photo gallery can't be "fixed". It has
    a lot of good viewing options - slide show, scrolling through images,
    etc.

    -CC

    ChrisCoaster, Sep 18, 2009

    ____________________________
    filename - Windows Photo Gallery

    Yeah, yeah, I know what you are talking about. I just never bothered
    to change the default when I purchased the computer last year.

    I'll try it, but it's too bad Photo gallery can't be "fixed". It has
    a lot of good viewing options - slide show, scrolling through images,
    etc.

    -CC

    <JS>
    Select Fix from the toolbar at the top of the page and see if there are
    adjustments you can use.

    </JS>

    Jeff Strickland, Sep 18, 2009
  12. ChrisCoaster

    ChrisCoaster Guest

    On Sep 17, 7:45 pm, "Jeff Strickland" <> wrote:
> [...]

    > > can change this by right-clicking on a image file (JPG, for example) and
    > > selecting Open With, then selecting Choose Program. Select Internet
    > > Explorer, or any of the others, and then select the checkbox, Always use
    > > this program to open this type of file.

    > > </JS>- Hide quoted text -

    > ____________________________
    > filename - Windows Photo Gallery
    >
    > Yeah, yeah, I know what you are talking about.  I just never bothered
    > to change the default when I purchased the computer last year.
    >
    > I'll try it, but it's too bad Photo gallery can't be "fixed".  It has
    > a lot of good viewing options - slide show, scrolling through images,
    > etc.
    >
    > -CC
    >
    > <JS>
    > Select Fix from the toolbar at the top of the page and see if there are

    ___________________
    That fixes individual photos. It doesn't adjust Photo Gallery itself
    (like the settings on a TV). If I fix photos with "Fix" in photo
    gallery they will look wrong when viewed in any other application.

    -CC

    ChrisCoaster, Sep 18, 2009
  13. ChrisCoaster

    - Bobb - Guest

    On Sep 14, 9:43 pm, ChrisCoaster <> wrote:
    > Most blues appear PURPLE in Windows Explorer(not IE) - just Explorer.
    >
    > These same blues appear BLUE in: Microsoft Picture Manager or Paint or
    > PowerPoint.
    >
    > What's wrong?
    >
    > -ChrisCoaster

    (bump)