    Error Number: 0x800CCC67

    Does this mean the servers jammed up from too many users or is it something
    in my computer? Any advice? Thanks! Ryan
    the dark elf, Aug 19, 2004

  2. the dark elf

    News Guest

    This error refers to the server being busy because of too many users. It
    is a time out. Generally, you can just wait a few minuts and then try
    again.

    News, Aug 19, 2004

  3. the dark elf

    Bob Guest

    > Running Win98SE and using OE for Email and News. When sending both, I
    > occasionally get the following error:
    >
    > An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'pop.charter.net', Server:
    > 'smtp.charter.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '421 #4.4.5 Too many
    > connections to this host.', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 421,
    > Error Number: 0x800CCC67
    >

    > Does this mean the servers jammed up from too many users or is it

    something
    > in my computer? Any advice? Thanks! Ryan

    The former. Go and make a cup of tea and try again after a few minutes.
    Bob, Aug 19, 2004
  4. the dark elf

    the dark elf Guest

    Bob <> wrote in message
    > > Running Win98SE and using OE for Email and News. When sending both, I
    > > occasionally get the following error:
    > >
    > > An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'pop.charter.net', Server:
    > > 'smtp.charter.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '421 #4.4.5 Too

    many
    > > connections to this host.', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error:

    421,
    > > Error Number: 0x800CCC67
    > >

    > > Does this mean the servers jammed up from too many users or is it

    > something
    > > in my computer? Any advice? Thanks! Ryan
    > >

    > The former. Go and make a cup of tea and try again after a few minutes.
    >
    > Thanks! Kinda what I thought because eventually I was able to send

    everything but I just wanted to be sure. God forbid they put something in
    plain English like the server is busy try again later.
    the dark elf, Aug 19, 2004