    http://service1.symantec.com/suppor...olve_lu.html&sone=npm_2004_tasks.html&tpre=ap

    Thanks

    Tony

    Tony, Jul 15, 2004

  2. Tony

    Tony Guest

    >Apparently the NAV 2004 is more "problematic" than 2003(which I have). When
    >I've encountered problems with it on a few occasions I've done a complete
    >manual uninstall and that resolved the issue.
    >
    >Hopefully you won't have to re-format and reinstall the OS.

    My client would rather switch to McAfee before they blow their hard drive away just so they can use
    NAV.

    Tony

    Tony, Jul 15, 2004

  3. Tony

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Jul 15, 2004 "ImhoTech" blathered:

    > Given your undivided
    > attention it would take at least 3 to 4 hours to sort out a truly clean
    > manual uninstall of NAV.

    Ha. I've done it (successfully I might add) in just over an hour. Punk.

    --
    TechGeekPro - MCSA, A+, Net+, i-Net+

    TechGeekPro, Jul 15, 2004
  4. Tony

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Jul 15, 2004 "LadyTech" blathered:

    > Just over an hour?! Thats a record breaker! I could have sworn it
    > takes longer than an hour.

    Well obviously it took me a lot longer than that the first couple of times I
    had to do it. However, at my last job working for a local computer shop, this
    sort of thing happened all the time. I actually had a printout from
    Symantec's Web site that I used as a reference and I had the whole process
    down science.

    But boy, it sure was fun giving ImhoTech a dose of his own arrogant medicine.
    I'll let the community decide who the real troll is.

    --
    TechGeekPro - MCSA, A+, Net+, i-Net+

    TechGeekPro, Jul 16, 2004
  5. Tony

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Jul 18, 2004 "LadyTech" blathered:

    > Come on now, ImhoTech isn't all that bad. I remember when I had to
    > remove the Blaster worm from a relatives computer and I was having a
    > hard time with the nasty worm and ImhoTech was the one that explained
    > everything on how to remove it... I used the reference of what he
    > posted and low and behold I blasted the worm (no pun intended, LOL) I
    > was so relieved that I finally solved the problem, but actually he
    > helped me do it :)

    I'm sure he's competent as a computer technician. Unfortunately, he doesn't
    seem willing to give others that credit. Nice pun though. ;-)

    --
    TechGeekPro - MCSA, A+, Net+, i-Net+

    TechGeekPro, Jul 19, 2004
  6. Tony