Weird LCD Monitor problem

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Tony, Aug 20, 2007.

  1. Tony

    Tony Guest

    My Sony 17" LCD occasionally acts weird. All of a sudden, the screen looks like it is sizzling.
    Apparently, it seems that black disappears. The screen will go back and forth betwwen good and bad.
    When it looks bad, it could last a few minutes or even days.

    The problem is with the monitor and not the computer. Oddly, when I start clicking the mouse rapidly
    on the desktop, the slight volage emitting from the mouse toggles the screen for good to bad to
    good, etc, if only temporarily.

    Has anyone experienced this before?

    Here is a picture of what it normally looks like:

    http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee225/trusso11783/monitor1.jpg

    Here is what it looks like when it all goes bad:

    http://s231.photobucket.com/albums/ee225/trusso11783/?action=view&current=monitor2.jpg

    I'll have to bring it into work for one of my techs to look at but I was just wondering if anyone
    ever saw this. I am about to throw it away but I hate to because I paid $750 for it back in 2003 and
    didnt use it til last year. I know I can get a new one for $100 or so. It's just that feeling that
    you paid so much for something that you hate to throw it out even if it has no value today.

    Tony

    Tony, Aug 20, 2007