    might have changed. I know this is an older camera but does anyone have any
    suggestions?

    Thanks!
    gabbo, Oct 13, 2003

  2. gabbo

    Ron Hunter Guest

    gabbo wrote:

    > I have a Kodak DC280 that is several years old that has developed a strange
    > problem. Just starting today, I am getting a black border at the top of all
    > of my photos. This was never there before and it cuts off a portion of my
    > viewing area. This black border at the top also shows up in the on-camera
    > screen. I have gone through every setting possible and can't figure out what
    > might have changed. I know this is an older camera but does anyone have any
    > suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks!

    Probably time for a new camera. I think Kodak will repair the old one
    for $150. You can probably pick up a better one new for not much more
    than that.
    Ron Hunter, Oct 13, 2003

  3. gabbo

    Eric Gisin Guest

    In article <LDzib.107943$>,
    says...
    > I have a Kodak DC280 that is several years old that has developed a strange
    > problem. Just starting today, I am getting a black border at the top of all
    > of my photos. This was never there before and it cuts off a portion of my
    > viewing area. This black border at the top also shows up in the on-camera
    > screen. I have gone through every setting possible and can't figure out what
    > might have changed. I know this is an older camera but does anyone have any
    > suggestions?

    Sell it on ebay, you will get at least 50$.
    Eric Gisin, Oct 14, 2003
  4. gabbo

    Ron Baird Guest

    Yikes Gabbo,

    Have you tried different memory cards? Try updating the firmware? Can you
    see any pin damage? Try leaving the batteries out of the camera for a
    while. Not sure what else to suggest other than using the camera for a
    trade in to a better model. Kodak will give you $50 toward a new camera,
    even if it is not working.

    Good luck, let me know how you make out.

    Ron Baird
    Kodak

    Ron Baird, Oct 16, 2003
  5. gabbo

    gabbo Guest

    Ron,

    Thanks for the suggestions - I have tried different cards, ran without
    batteries (on AC adapter), but I haven't checked for pin damage or updated
    the firmware. Both easy enough to do, I will check out tonight.

    However, I'm almost resigned to buying a new camera...

    Thanks

    gabbo, Oct 17, 2003
  6. gabbo

    gabbo, Oct 17, 2003