    this computer unless it is set to respond on port 53. Any ideas as to
    what might cause this? Thanks!
    Matt
    Matt J, Dec 2, 2003

  2. Matt J

    °Mike° Guest

    Firewall block?

    On 2 Dec 2003 15:58:33 -0800, in
    <>
    Matt J scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Dec 3, 2003

  3. Matt J

    Matt J Guest

    °Mike° suggested
    > Firewall block?

    No, we've had the laptop on different networks, and there is no
    firewall issue. It's on my home network now, and the only firewall is
    an SPI one that doesn't affect web browsing. It's something wrong
    with the computer. And, no, I do not believe there is any software
    firewall.
    Matt
    Matt J, Dec 4, 2003
  4. Matt J

    °Mike° Guest

    On 4 Dec 2003 05:39:58 -0800, in
    <>
    Matt J scrawled:

    >°Mike° suggested
    >> Firewall block?

    >No, we've had the laptop on different networks, and there is no
    >firewall issue. It's on my home network now, and the only firewall is
    >an SPI one that doesn't affect web browsing. It's something wrong
    >with the computer. And, no, I do not believe there is any software
    >firewall.
    >Matt

    Install all of the following and use them:

    Spybot Search & Destroy
    http://spybot.eon.net.au/
    http://www.safer-networking.org/
    SpyBot S&D guide

    Ad-Aware
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    Spyware Blaster

    HijackThis
    http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/

    If the problem remains after running all of the above, you
    could try uninstalling and re-installing Dial-Up Networking.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Dec 4, 2003