    since I'll have to go tomorrow to his office to try to solve it.

    Thank you in advance.

    Santino

    SdL, Oct 29, 2003

  2. SdL

    Kevin Guest

    Do a Google for Hi-Jack This! (not sure about the exact spelling of the
    product name) The browser could be hijacked by some malware. You might
    also try installing and running something like Spybot Search and Destroy or
    Pest Patrol or Ad Aware. I am assuming from your post that your relatives
    home and office computers are connected through the internet. You will have
    to scan and clean both systems to stop the attack. Make sure you are
    running a firewall and good anti-virus protection. I use Zone Alarm Pro and
    AVG Anti-Virus.

    "SdL" <@> wrote in message news:...
    > Hi everybody.
    >
    > I just got a call from a relative telling me about this problem with his
    > Internet Explorer (I don't know which version).
    >
    > Since yesterday afternoon at his office's computer and since this

    afternoon
    > at his home's computer everytime he tries to fill a text field in a

    webpage
    > (i.e. typing a search text in yahoo or google) the computer starts filling
    > the field by itself with random phrases. He told me it happened also when
    > selecting the address bar, but that didn't happen when we were talking so

    > don't know for sure. He has spent the evening cheking for virus with no
    > success. If anyone has any idea why that is happening I would appreciate

    it,

    Kevin, Oct 29, 2003

  3. SdL

    Chuck Guest

    On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 22:31:13 -0600, "SdL" <@> wrote:

    >Hi everybody.
    >
    >I just got a call from a relative telling me about this problem with his
    >Internet Explorer (I don't know which version).
    >
    >Since yesterday afternoon at his office's computer and since this afternoon
    >at his home's computer everytime he tries to fill a text field in a webpage
    >(i.e. typing a search text in yahoo or google) the computer starts filling
    >the field by itself with random phrases. He told me it happened also when
    >selecting the address bar, but that didn't happen when we were talking so I
    >don't know for sure. He has spent the evening cheking for virus with no
    >success. If anyone has any idea why that is happening I would appreciate it,
    >since I'll have to go tomorrow to his office to try to solve it.
    >
    > Thank you in advance.
    >
    >Santino

    Run Spybot S&D then HijackThis. Go to SWI Forums for help.
    http://forums.spywareinfo.com/index.php?showtopic=5187

    Chuck
    I hate spam - PLEASE get rid of the spam before emailing me!

    Chuck, Oct 29, 2003