    I get this when i start windows update.

    can anyone tell me what this means?

    Thanks Robin

    Robin Halligan, Sep 5, 2008

  2. Robin Halligan

    EMB Guest

    Robin Halligan wrote:
    > I was just restoring my system and i have bee getting an error
    >
    > System os XP home
    >
    > error:
    > The requested lookup key was not found in any active activation context.
    >
    > I get this when i start windows update.
    >
    > can anyone tell me what this means?

    It's caused by a conflict between IE6 and IE7 settings. If you're
    running IE7, uninstall it via the control panel, then reboot the system.
    That'll remove the error. Then reinstall IE7 via Windows Update and
    all should be well.

    EMB, Sep 5, 2008

  3. rOn Fri, 05 Sep 2008 20:50:22 +1200, EMB wrote:

    > Robin Halligan wrote:
    >> I was just restoring my system and i have bee getting an error
    >>
    >> System os XP home
    >>
    >> error:
    >> The requested lookup key was not found in any active activation context.
    >>
    >> I get this when i start windows update.
    >>
    >> can anyone tell me what this means?

    > It's caused by a conflict between IE6 and IE7 settings. If you're
    > running IE7, uninstall it via the control panel, then reboot the system.
    > That'll remove the error. Then reinstall IE7 via Windows Update and
    > all should be well.

    Bingo
    Worked thanks for that.

    This is why this group is worth reading helpful people.

    Robin

    Robin Halligan, Sep 5, 2008