    heard about this before or knows anything about this problem? I thank you in
    advance.

    Roy

    Roybot, Apr 28, 2005

  2. Roybot

    JANA Guest

    Open the task manager, and look at the processes. Click on the column for
    CPU. See in order, what the percentages of use are. This way, you will know
    what operations are using your resources. From there, you should be able to
    determine why there is so much activity.

    And example is: If you see explorer, and or the virus scanner being very
    busy, this means that something is going on in the background that is not
    showing directly. You may also directly see the application that is the
    cause.

    It is also possible that there is something that is trying to update itself,
    and it is not able to. Turn off the automatic updating as a test. Not all
    softwares work through the auto updating, but this is a start for finding
    the cause.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    "Roybot" <> wrote in message
    Hi everybody,

    I've the weirdest problem I've ever experienced. Sometimes my computer comes
    to a sort of standstill, with 100% CPU-usage and some usage of my HD, but
    without any reason for it. My pointer is behind on my moves and my music
    starts to stammer when it happens. My computer is totally clean, I formatted
    it yesterday and I've got all the protection needed. Is there anyone who

    JANA, Apr 28, 2005

  3. Roybot

    JANATARD Guest

    JANA <> wrote:

    > Open the task manager, and look at the processes. Click on the column
    > for CPU. See in order, what the percentages of use are. This way, you
    > will know what operations are using your resources. From there, you
    > should be able to determine why there is so much activity.
    >
    > And example is: If you see explorer, and or the virus scanner being
    > very busy, this means that something is going on in the background
    > that is not showing directly. You may also directly see the
    > application that is the cause.

    Bluh bluh

    > It is also possible that there is something that is trying to update
    > itself, and it is not able to. Turn off the automatic updating as a
    > test. Not all softwares work through the auto updating, but

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You fucking JANATARD.

    --
    Poster: "My machine is very slow to boot up."
    JANA the JANATARD: "Clean out the IE cache."

    JANATARD, Apr 28, 2005
  4. Would you like to share processor / ram specs?

    Will Dearborn, Apr 29, 2005
  5. Roybot

    PMD Guest

    Roybot wrote:

    > Hi everybody,
    >
    > I've the weirdest problem I've ever experienced. Sometimes my computer comes
    > to a sort of standstill, with 100% CPU-usage and some usage of my HD, but
    > without any reason for it. My pointer is behind on my moves and my music
    > starts to stammer when it happens. My computer is totally clean, I formatted
    > it yesterday and I've got all the protection needed. Is there anyone who
    > heard about this before or knows anything about this problem? I thank you in
    > advance.
    >
    > Roy

    How much memory you got?

    --

    ~PMD~

    Squadron Leader

    "Most Scots are idiots, especially those who live in Glasgow."
    Peter Hucker - Scotsman.

    PMD, Apr 29, 2005
  6. Roybot

    Guest

    try running this in safe mode, maybe you can narrow it down to a
    process causing the problem. find the process that is using 100% CPU.
    maybe a bug in that program/process.
    try using another program to run your movies, try VideoLAN. and try
    music in winamp. see if same error.
    you're gonna have to do more investigating
    try changing the hdd, try changing the ram. look at the virtual memory
    settings. do an online virus scan anyway just in case.

    , May 2, 2005