Weird Behavior On My HP Vista Tower

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by ChrisCoaster, Feb 22, 2009.

  1. ChrisCoaster

    ChrisCoaster Guest

    1. When Copying or Pasting: I copy & paste a lot of mp3 format
    sounds from one folder to another, or to my mp3 player. I use the
    shortcuts, Ctrl+C to copy and Ctrl+V to paste. Does it always work?
    About 1/2 the time! The times it doesn't: the item just doesn't show
    up in the destination folder or device.

    2. When Saving a File under the same name so as to overwrite the
    existing file: I save a .mp3 format song I found at a higher bitrate
    (256kbps) than my existing file of it(128kbps). The computer asks me
    if I want to replace the file that already exists? I click Yes. The
    file saves, but ASSUMES THE ATTRIBUTES OF THE FILE IT OVERWROTE!!
    I.E. the replacement file assumes the 128k bit rate of the version it
    replaced. Therefore I have to completely delete all instances of that
    mp3 from my computer, even from the recycle bin, before downloading
    the higher quality file of the same song.

    Is this a Vista issue, or operator issue?

    -ChrisCoaster

    ChrisCoaster, Feb 22, 2009

  2. ChrisCoaster

    Baron Guest

    ChrisCoaster wrote:

    > 1. When Copying or Pasting: I copy & paste a lot of mp3 format
    > sounds from one folder to another, or to my mp3 player. I use the
    > shortcuts, Ctrl+C to copy and Ctrl+V to paste. Does it always work?
    > About 1/2 the time! The times it doesn't: the item just doesn't show
    > up in the destination folder or device.

    Buggy O/S

    > 2. When Saving a File under the same name so as to overwrite the
    > existing file: I save a .mp3 format song I found at a higher bitrate
    > (256kbps) than my existing file of it(128kbps). The computer asks me
    > if I want to replace the file that already exists? I click Yes. The
    > file saves, but ASSUMES THE ATTRIBUTES OF THE FILE IT OVERWROTE!!
    > I.E. the replacement file assumes the 128k bit rate of the version it
    > replaced. Therefore I have to completely delete all instances of that
    > mp3 from my computer, even from the recycle bin, before downloading
    > the higher quality file of the same song.
    >
    > Is this a Vista issue, or operator issue?
    >
    > -ChrisCoaster

    More like DRM !

    --
    Best Regards: