    Hi, I'm having an audio problem. If i have my speakers turned down too low
    the sound only comes out of one speaker. What would cause this the
    speakers, cables, or the audio card. Thanks for the help

    Brudus, May 28, 2005

  2. On Fri, 27 May 2005 18:39:07 -0500, "Brudus"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi, I'm having an audio problem. If i have my speakers turned down too low
    >the sound only comes out of one speaker. What would cause this the
    >speakers, cables, or the audio card. Thanks for the help

    Strange one...only thing that comes to mind is there is a difference
    in the absolute bottom threshhold for sound production, or there is an
    imbalance in the audio output that isn't sufficient to be perceived by
    the ear. A doubling of power/wattage is barely perceived by many
    people, I seem to recall, and it is a difference of only 3 dB.

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, May 28, 2005

  3. Brudus

    Guest

    I have that problems on lots of many crappy speaker sets. I think its
    because the volumn knob is loose. Sometimes wiggeling it helps

    , May 29, 2005
  4. Brudus

    AG Guest

    "Brudus" <> wrote in message
    > Hi, I'm having an audio problem. If i have my speakers turned down too
    > low the sound only comes out of one speaker. What would cause this the
    > speakers, cables, or the audio card. Thanks for the help

    Just an idea. Is the one that's louder the one with the amplifier in it?
    The wire that goes between the two speakers could be partially broken.
    Check it with some headphones. You'll get a better idea if there is a
    problem.

    AG

    AG, May 29, 2005
  5. On Sun, 29 May 2005 12:36:32 GMT, "AG" <> wrote:

    >"Brudus" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi, I'm having an audio problem. If i have my speakers turned down too
    >> low the sound only comes out of one speaker. What would cause this the
    >> speakers, cables, or the audio card. Thanks for the help
    >>

    >Just an idea. Is the one that's louder the one with the amplifier in it?
    >The wire that goes between the two speakers could be partially broken.
    >Check it with some headphones. You'll get a better idea if there is a
    >problem.
    >
    >AG

    Good idea...wouldn't work easily for me..totally deaf in the left ear.
    :)

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, May 29, 2005
  6. On Sun, 29 May 2005 17:05:03 GMT, "AG" <> wrote:

    >"Tom MacIntyre" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 29 May 2005 12:36:32 GMT, "AG" <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>"Brudus" <> wrote in message
    >>>>
    >>>Just an idea. Is the one that's louder the one with the amplifier in it?
    >>>The wire that goes between the two speakers could be partially broken.
    >>>Check it with some headphones. You'll get a better idea if there is a
    >>>problem.
    >>>
    >>>AG
    >>>

    >> Good idea...wouldn't work easily for me..totally deaf in the left ear.
    >> :)
    >>
    >> Tom

    >OK then you'll need a one of the headphones that has stereo in just one
    >earpiece. They can be found in the DJ section of most of the online music
    >stores. :p
    >
    >AG

    I'm not surprised such a thing exists, but I didn't know about it. It
    makes sense...I sometimes hold headphones up to my right ear when
    something is "very" stereo. At least one of Chet Atkins' and Jerry
    Reed's albums has each guitarist completely panned away from the
    other.

    There's a crossover hearing aid available also, which goes in the bad
    ear and delivers sound to the good one. It helps for auditory spatial
    awareness.

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, May 30, 2005
  7. Brudus

    AG Guest

    I want one to use at church so I can hear the real sounds and the mix I get
    from the sound system too, which includes electronic drums. Also if I just
    put it on the left side, my good ear, I can block out most of the brass.

    AG

    AG, May 31, 2005
  8. On Tue, 31 May 2005 22:12:40 GMT, "AG" <> wrote:

    >I want one to use at church so I can hear the real sounds and the mix I get
    >from the sound system too, which includes electronic drums. Also if I just
    >put it on the left side, my good ear, I can block out most of the brass.
    >
    >AG

    Another partly deaf sound man...go figure. :)

    Strange...as I accessed your post I was on the telephone with a guy, a
    friend of a very longtime friend of mine, who is doing a recording and
    wants me to try to resurrect my former skills (whatever they were) to
    help him with and critique his work.

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Jun 1, 2005
  9. Brudus

    A Guest

    When I have this problem I switch out my hearing aid.

    A, Jun 1, 2005
  10. Brudus

    AG Guest

    > Another partly deaf sound man...go figure. :)
    >
    > Strange...as I accessed your post I was on the telephone with a guy, a
    > friend of a very longtime friend of mine, who is doing a recording and
    > wants me to try to resurrect my former skills (whatever they were) to
    > help him with and critique his work.
    >
    > Tom
    >

    >>"Tom MacIntyre" <> wrote in message

    ARRRRG!!
    I am not, have never been, will never be a sound man. I like to play and
    sing too much. I think my problem is due to nerve damage. I have tinitus
    in right ear.
    I never let anyone around here know that can even turn a sound board on.
    I've never been closer than 6' to the new one at the church. Even if it is
    10' long and has more knobs and sliders than a 747 cockpit. :)
    I have no interest in that monster and don't want to even touch it. Really.
    I mean it.

    AG

    AG, Jun 2, 2005
  11. On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 15:48:41 GMT, "AG" <> wrote:

    >> Another partly deaf sound man...go figure. :)
    >>
    >> Strange...as I accessed your post I was on the telephone with a guy, a
    >> friend of a very longtime friend of mine, who is doing a recording and
    >> wants me to try to resurrect my former skills (whatever they were) to
    >> help him with and critique his work.
    >>
    >> Tom
    >>

    >>>"Tom MacIntyre" <> wrote in message

    >ARRRRG!!
    >I am not, have never been, will never be a sound man. I like to play and
    >sing too much. I think my problem is due to nerve damage. I have tinitus
    >in right ear.
    >I never let anyone around here know that can even turn a sound board on.
    >I've never been closer than 6' to the new one at the church. Even if it is
    >10' long and has more knobs and sliders than a 747 cockpit. :)
    >I have no interest in that monster and don't want to even touch it. Really.
    >I mean it.
    >
    >AG

    I've done both, musician/singer and live sound, also recording studio
    engineer a few times.

    My left ear is 100% gone, and has very loud tinnitus besides, which
    affects the hearing in my right ear by masking and/or drowning out
    other sounds. Mine is nerve damage, the auditory and equilibrium
    nerves were destroyed by head trauma. Of course, many of you probably
    suspected head trauma as a real possibility, right? :)

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Jun 2, 2005