    Any ideas that don't involve me going out to the site with my Fluke
    Nettool and watching the traffic in and out of it.

    , Oct 20, 2005

  2. <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > 1- It has an IP assigned to it.
    > 2- You can ping it from Windows machines on the subnet
    > 3- You cannot ping it from the router, and the IP is not in the ARP
    > table.

    Verify that the device has a gateway configured.
    It might just be that your router has multiple IPs, or ACL configured.
    Then verify that no ACL drops your packets in- and outbound

    HTH
    Martin Bilgrav

    Martin Bilgrav, Oct 20, 2005

  3. Guest

    No ACL.

    Even if the default gaetway was wrong, I should be able to ping it from
    that subnet. When I do get a response with the broadcast ping, it
    should still have a MAC address in the packet.

    Martin Bilgrav wrote:
    > <> wrote in message
    >
    > > 1- It has an IP assigned to it.
    > > 2- You can ping it from Windows machines on the subnet
    > > 3- You cannot ping it from the router, and the IP is not in the ARP
    > > table.

    > Verify that the device has a gateway configured.
    > It might just be that your router has multiple IPs, or ACL configured.
    > Then verify that no ACL drops your packets in- and outbound
    >
    > HTH
    > Martin Bilgrav

    , Oct 21, 2005