Weeks ago

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by OldGringo38, Jul 28, 2010.

  1. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    OldGringo38, Jul 28, 2010

  2. OldGringo38 wrote:
    > I said this here weeks ago, and now these ass-wholes are just coming to
    > the conclusion. J H C
    >
    > http://rawstory.com/rs/2010/0728/report-chaotic-firefighting-response-sunk-bp-oil-rig/
    >

    > Word of the day : Commonsense.

    So, you're going to blame the first responders? Interesting. Thats like
    blaming the people who try to save the gunshot victim instead of blaming
    the trigger man.

    Word.

    §ñühw¤£f, Jul 28, 2010

  3. OldGringo38

    richard Guest

    On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 11:11:58 -0600, ???hw??f wrote:

    > OldGringo38 wrote:
    >> I said this here weeks ago, and now these ass-wholes are just coming to
    >> the conclusion. J H C
    >>
    >> http://rawstory.com/rs/2010/0728/report-chaotic-firefighting-response-sunk-bp-oil-rig/
    >>

    >> Word of the day : Commonsense.

    > So, you're going to blame the first responders? Interesting. Thats like
    > blaming the people who try to save the gunshot victim instead of blaming
    > the trigger man.
    >
    > Word.

    Why not? The coast guard stated they had no knowledge of how to fight such
    a fire. Admitting to the high probability that their own actions were the
    demise of the rig.

    Now that we know this, I think at least some of the blame for the spill
    should go to the coast guard.

    richard, Jul 28, 2010
  4. OldGringo38

    Mike Yetto Guest

    richard <> writes and having writ moves on.
    > On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 11:11:58 -0600, ???hw??f wrote:
    >
    >> OldGringo38 wrote:
    >>> I said this here weeks ago, and now these ass-wholes are just coming to
    >>> the conclusion. J H C
    >>>
    >>> http://rawstory.com/rs/2010/0728/report-chaotic-firefighting-response-sunk-bp-oil-rig/
    >>>

    >>> Word of the day : Commonsense.

    >> So, you're going to blame the first responders? Interesting. Thats like
    >> blaming the people who try to save the gunshot victim instead of blaming
    >> the trigger man.
    >>
    >> Word.

    > Why not? The coast guard stated they had no knowledge of how to fight such
    > a fire. Admitting to the high probability that their own actions were the
    > demise of the rig.

    Exactly. You should never do anything that you aren't sure will
    work perfectly. Especially in a crisis. Doubly so if your
    official function is as first responder.

    > Now that we know this, I think at least some of the blame for the spill
    > should go to the coast guard.

    Would they be less culpable if they just stood off and watched?

    Mike "smiley omitted for sarcasm impaired" Yetto
    In practice they are not.

    Mike Yetto, Jul 28, 2010
  5. OldGringo38

    Falco Guest

    richard wrote:
    > On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 11:11:58 -0600, ???hw??f wrote:
    >
    >> OldGringo38 wrote:
    >>> I said this here weeks ago, and now these ass-wholes are just
    >>> coming to the conclusion. J H C
    >>>
    >>> http://rawstory.com/rs/2010/0728/report-chaotic-firefighting-response-sunk-bp-oil-rig/
    >>>

    >>> Word of the day : Commonsense.

    >> So, you're going to blame the first responders? Interesting. Thats
    >> like blaming the people who try to save the gunshot victim instead
    >> of blaming the trigger man.
    >>
    >> Word.

    > Why not? The coast guard stated they had no knowledge of how to fight
    > such a fire. Admitting to the high probability that their own actions
    > were the demise of the rig.
    >
    > Now that we know this, I think at least some of the blame for the
    > spill should go to the coast guard.

    And all fo the blame should go to the yanks who built and operated the rig -
    they were the ones cutting the corners

    Falco, Jul 28, 2010
  6. OldGringo38

    NotMe Guest

    "Falco" <falco@diilly-daally....invalid.com> wrote in message
    > richard wrote:

    >>> So, you're going to blame the first responders? Interesting. Thats
    >>> like blaming the people who try to save the gunshot victim instead
    >>> of blaming the trigger man.
    >>>
    >>> Word.

    >> Why not? The coast guard stated they had no knowledge of how to fight
    >> such a fire. Admitting to the high probability that their own actions
    >> were the demise of the rig.
    >>
    >> Now that we know this, I think at least some of the blame for the
    >> spill should go to the coast guard.

    > And all fo the blame should go to the yanks who built and operated the
    > rig - they were the ones cutting the corners

    You've never had any dealings with BP I see.

    NotMe, Jul 28, 2010
  7. OldGringo38

    chuckcar Guest

    OldGringo38 <> wrote in

    > I said this here weeks ago, and now these ass-wholes are just coming
    > to the conclusion. J H C
    >
    > http://rawstory.com/rs/2010/0728/report-chaotic-firefighting-response-s
    > unk-bp-oil-rig/
    >
    > Word of the day : Commonsense.

    It's all down to Tony Hayward trying to maximize profits by cutting
    expenses completely IMHO.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Jul 28, 2010
  8. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 7/28/2010 10:15 AM Just to please that super-ego, Bucky Breeder wrote
    the following tidbit of information:
    > OldGringo38<> via
    >
    >> I said this here weeks ago, and now these ass-wholes
    >> are just coming to the conclusion. J H C
    >>
    >> http://rawstory.com/rs/2010/0728/report-chaotic-firefighting-response-sun
    >> k-bp-oil-rig/
    >>
    >> Word of the day : Commonsense.

    > That is 3 words, you daft old geriatric.
    >
    > Congressional testimony a BP supervisor stated that the
    > BP Horizon oil rig's fire alarms were deliberately disabled...
    >
    > "They did not want people woke up at 3-AM from
    > false alarms." -- Mike Williams, [the] chief
    > electronics technician on the Deepwater Horizon
    >
    > Google for that quote, in part or whole...
    >
    > Whoaaa.... 11 souls gone + injuries + decades of
    > environmental degradation and who-knows what cost
    > to health issues...

    It's a damn shame

    --
    OldGringo38
    Just West Of Nowhere

    OldGringo38, Jul 28, 2010
  9. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 7/28/2010 12:11 PM Just to please that super-ego, §ñühw¤£f wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > OldGringo38 wrote:
    >> I said this here weeks ago, and now these ass-wholes are just coming
    >> to the conclusion. J H C
    >>
    >> http://rawstory.com/rs/2010/0728/report-chaotic-firefighting-response-sunk-bp-oil-rig/
    >>

    >> Word of the day : Commonsense.

    > So, you're going to blame the first responders? Interesting. Thats like
    > blaming the people who try to save the gunshot victim instead of blaming
    > the trigger man.
    >
    > Word.

    I didn't know you were a clairvoyant, but not a good one.

    OldGringo38, Jul 28, 2010
  10. OldGringo38 said:

    > It's a damn shame

    In the entire fuuking Southeast, besides smokin' oakum and lettin' your
    hair grow long like a gurl's, all you gots to remember is these 3 words :

    "DON'T FUUKING RUN OVER THE MUUTHERFUUKING OIL WELLS!"

    <http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/07/27/louisiana.barataria.bay.well.leak/index.h
    tml>

    http://tinyurl.com/278b9ve

    But, ohhhhhhhhh nooooooooooo... St00pid Coon-Ass boater-tards... just
    cain't get enuf, it seems. Now they gotta figger oot how to blame BP for
    this one. Come-on, Obama, WHOOSE ass you gonna kick now?

    HTH.

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; and I'm not talking to the aliens

    Bucky Breeder, Jul 30, 2010