    controller/print server. Who thinks I will f*** it up?

    I suppose the more I mess up, the longer it will take to rebuild, the longer
    it takes the more overtime pay I get....hmmmmmm

    James, Sep 16, 2005

  2. James

    MitchS Guest

    "James" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Well this weekend I get to destroy (format) and rebuild our domain
    > controller/print server. Who thinks I will f*** it up?

    Can't say for sure.

    > I suppose the more I mess up, the longer it will take to rebuild, the
    > longer it takes the more overtime pay I get....hmmmmmm

    Or the quicker they outsource your job....hmmmmmm

    --
    Mitch "yer such a Jameshole" S.
    MCSA, A+, Net+, CCNA

    MitchS, Sep 16, 2005

  3. Good luck, I'm sure it will go well.
    Reminds me of the time one of our techs broke our PDC, File/Print, Backup
    server the day before I setup our new backup server. The logistics of what
    to restore first was mind numbing. 23 hours of OT - very nice.

    Bill McPherson, Sep 16, 2005
  4. James

    MitchS Guest

    "Bill McPherson" <> wrote in message
    > 23 hours of OT - very nice.

    I hate to see those weekends. I am salary so I don't even get the thought
    of overtime.
    --
    Mitch "Flat Rate" S.
    MCSA, A+, Net+, CCNA

    MitchS, Sep 16, 2005
  5. James

    James Guest

    yup, my boss is on salary...strange how he doesn't want to come in to help
    out....

    James, Sep 16, 2005
  6. James

    James Guest

    They tried outsourcing before they hired me and had a really negative
    experience with it :)

    James, Sep 16, 2005
  7. James

    lowdes Guest

    I would milk them for all the overtime in the world :)

    lowdes, Sep 16, 2005
  8. James

    m0rk Guest

    how much more of a negative experience are they in for now?

    :eek:|

    nanu nanu

    m0rk, Sep 16, 2005
  9. James

    James Guest

    well I've been here for 2 years now and haven't messed anything up yet :)

    James, Sep 16, 2005
  10. James

    m0rk Guest

    well, not that they know of...

    :eek:|

    "James" <> wrote in message
    | well I've been here for 2 years now and haven't messed anything up yet :)
    |
    | "m0rk" <> wrote in message
    | > how much more of a negative experience are they in for now?

    | > :eek:|

    | > nanu nanu
    | >
    | > "James" <> wrote in message
    | > | They tried outsourcing before they hired me and had a really negative
    | > | experience with it :)
    | > |
    | > | "MitchS" <> wrote in message

    | > |
    | > |

    m0rk, Sep 17, 2005
  11. James

    m0rk Guest

    what OS and method are you going to use for install?

    m0rk, Sep 17, 2005
  12. James

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    "James" <> wrote in

    > Well this weekend I get to destroy (format) and rebuild our domain
    > controller/print server. Who thinks I will f*** it up?
    >
    > I suppose the more I mess up, the longer it will take to rebuild, the
    > longer it takes the more overtime pay I get....hmmmmmm

    you go goy. go goya. go! go!

    Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
    http://www.mcngp.com/
    --
    "Hate perfectly describes my feelings. I loathe you. I detest you. I think
    CBIC, circa 2005

    Rowdy Yates, Sep 17, 2005
  13. My boss messed up our domain couple of years ago doing the same thing your
    getting ready to do. They ended up bringing me on board to fix everything.
    six months ago I redid the entire domain. basically spent 8 hours getting
    everything just right. Two weeks later the IT Committee asked when I was
    going to do that. I don't know whats worse. Having lusers that don't relize
    that the fact they had to change passwords one morning and are now on a
    different domain. Or having a management group that doesn't think you have
    done a thing in months but some how everything seems to be running better.

    =?Utf-8?B?VGFseW4=?=, Sep 17, 2005
  14. James

    Manny Borges Guest

    You are rebuilding the domain. How is that not messing anything up?

    Actually doing a domain rebuild from scratch is the first sign of a bad IT
    dept.

    --
    Manny Borges
    MCSE NT4-2003 (+ Security)

    The pen is mightier than the sword, and considerably easier to write with.
    -- Marty Feldman

    Manny Borges, Sep 17, 2005
  15. James

    Jamco Guest

    well whoever setup the computer in the first place made the windows partion
    too small, how would you suggest fixing this?

    Jamco, Sep 17, 2005
  16. James

    Jamco Guest

    well I'm just rebuilding a domain controller, just will take off all of its
    roles, demote it, format, reinstall windows 2000 server, promote it to a DC
    and add all its roles back.

    Jamco, Sep 17, 2005
  17. James

    Kurt Guest

    Is it a RAID? If by chance it's a single drive, get a new one, create
    partitions of the size you need, and ghost partition-to-partition.

    .....kurt

    Kurt, Sep 17, 2005
  18. James

    Kurt Guest