Weegee Returns!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by ASAAR, Jun 8, 2008.

  1. ASAAR

    ASAAR Guest

    Museum acquires trove of photos by New York photographer
    By Randy Kennedy
    Published: June 5, 2008

    As letters go, they aren't exactly the stuff of literature. One from
    1959 asks that the recipient phone Con Edison and complain about an
    unusually high electric bill ($54.92). Another requests a shipment
    of beloved New York cigars because of apparent dissatisfaction with
    the options available in Europe. At least one, written from the
    Regina-Palast Hotel in Munich, Room 551, starts to provide a hint of
    the sender.

    "Looks like the picture won't be finished on time," the letter
    explains. "It rains every day and we can't find 2 midgets, so it
    looks like I'll be here at least 2 more weeks."

    The letters, along with 210 vintage black-and-white photographic
    prints, were found in 2003 in a zebra-stripe trunk that was bought
    at a yard sale in Kentucky by two Indiana women who were on their
    way back from a camping trip.

    . . .

    http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/06/07/arts/weegee.php
    ASAAR, Jun 8, 2008

  2. ASAAR

    dt Guest

    ASAAR wrote:

    > Museum acquires trove of photos by New York photographer
    > By Randy Kennedy
    > Published: June 5, 2008
    >
    > As letters go, they aren't exactly the stuff of literature. One from
    > 1959 asks that the recipient phone Con Edison and complain about an
    > unusually high electric bill ($54.92). Another requests a shipment
    > of beloved New York cigars because of apparent dissatisfaction with
    > the options available in Europe. At least one, written from the
    > Regina-Palast Hotel in Munich, Room 551, starts to provide a hint of
    > the sender.
    >
    > "Looks like the picture won't be finished on time," the letter
    > explains. "It rains every day and we can't find 2 midgets, so it
    > looks like I'll be here at least 2 more weeks."

    Don't you just *hate* it when that happens?

    DT
    dt, Jun 13, 2008