    decent software package?

    Thanks,

    Patrick L.
    Patrick L., Jul 23, 2003

  2. That question is sort of non-specific. What do you want the software to do?

    Mike

    Mike Lipphardt, Jul 23, 2003

  3. Patrick L.

    Dallas D Guest

    Photoshop 7.

    All the software you will ever need for photography.

    Pastel.

    All the software you will need to run a small business.

    --
    website: www.imageunlimited.co.za
    email: dallas at the above domain

    Dallas D, Jul 23, 2003
  4. Patrick L.

    Michalkun Guest

    Roland Karlsson <> wrote in

    > "Patrick L." <> wrote in news:TyvTa.116120
    > $:
    >
    >> I've been scouring the net for software (that I can use on my own
    >> server) for wedding photography, and haven't found much. Anyone got
    >> leads on a decent software package?
    >>

    > Hi Patrick
    >
    > This must be one of the strangest posts I have seen.
    > It is totally impossible to know what you mean.

    Maybe he means about some program with picture frames so he can embed
    photos in them?
    Michalkun, Jul 23, 2003
  5. Michalkun <> wrote in

    > Maybe he means about some program with picture frames so he can embed
    > photos in them?

    Or maybe he don't.

    You might think that he by now should have explained
    more if he wants any answers.

    Oh well - nothing to see here. Move along :)

    Roland
    Roland Karlsson, Jul 23, 2003
  6. Patrick L.

    Mark B. Guest

    "Patrick L." <> wrote in message
    > I've been scouring the net for software (that I can use on my own server)
    > for wedding photography, and haven't found much. Anyone got leads on a
    > decent software package?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Patrick L.

    Photoshop/Photoshop Elements/Paint Shop Pro
    Capture One DSLR LE
    Qimage Pro if you print at home/office

    I've never seen wedding-specific imaging software, but I've never looked.
    On the other hand, I think I would have noticed if there was a
    nature-oriented imaging package on the market but have never seen one.
    Strange request, actually.

    Mark
    Mark B., Jul 24, 2003
  7. In article <bfn7dv$g0kjo$-berlin.de>, sm9 ©
    <> writes
    >Hi Roland, this has now turned into a quiz - to see who can guess what he
    >wants!? :eek:) I hope he gives a prize to the winner! ;o)

    Sounds like the last software requirements spec I was given!

    --
    John

    Preston, Lancs, UK.
    Photos at http://www.photopia.demon.co.uk
    John Halliwell, Jul 24, 2003
  8. "Patrick L." <> wrote in

    > I want an online shopping cart for clients to order prints from me.
    >
    > The software would be something residing on my computer which could
    > automate the task of created a specific cart for each client. Once
    > created, I could upload the cart to the clients' private URL I have
    > created for them so that they could see the proofs, and order prints,
    > and the cart would accommodate various enlargements, retouching, etc.
    >
    > Note that am not interested in using the services of another web site
    > for this purpose.

    hehe - no one really guessed the correct answer - so no one wins :)

    This is not my expertese, so I gladly leave this question to some
    one else. Hopefully someone here knows any answer, someone that
    sells pictures.

    Roland
    Roland Karlsson, Jul 24, 2003
  9. Patrick L.

    Tom Thackrey Guest

    On 24-Jul-2003, "Patrick L." <> wrote:

    > I want an online shopping cart for clients to order prints from me.
    >
    > The software would be something residing on my computer which could
    > automate
    > the task of created a specific cart for each client. Once created, I
    > could
    > upload the cart to the clients' private URL I have created for them so
    > that
    > they could see the proofs, and order prints, and the cart would
    > accommodate
    > various enlargements, retouching, etc.

    I haven't tried this, but it looks like what you are asking for:
    http://www.albinator.com/product/

    --
    Tom Thackrey
    www.creative-light.com
    Tom Thackrey, Jul 24, 2003
  10. Patrick L.

    Alan Browne Guest

    Martin Francis wrote:
    > "Patrick L." <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I've been scouring the net for software (that I can use on my own server)
    >>for wedding photography, and haven't found much. Anyone got leads on a
    >>decent software package?

    > MS Wedding Photographer 3.0 works a treat on older systems, taking all the
    > traditional shots and some fashionably artsy ones too, while managing to
    > remain sober and asking for money at appropriate times.

    Yeah, right, okay, but if you check the style box for photojournalism
    mode, it really craps out, even under Windohs 95 and 98. Face it, this
    program is not the real deal, just Bill G. making a profit grab <again>.

    I recomend "Bridezilla Slayer III: M.I.L. Killer", this brawny package
    doesn't smoke, doesn't drink. Just blasts throught the wedding. Check
    the "Wedding-Photog-Nazi" action box, and it makes everyone play their
    part, sit, smile and dance and nobody, but nobody tells it how to shoot.
    If anyone brings an SLR or better camera to the wedding, B-S-III
    cracks it into tiny-tiny pieces... Under XP has been known to punch out
    the priest/minister/rabbi/immam.

    Cheers,
    Alan
    Alan Browne, Jul 24, 2003
  11. "Alan Browne" <> wrote in message
    > I recomend "Bridezilla Slayer III: M.I.L. Killer"

    Oh come on! That should-be-refundware piece o' crap? Talk about a
    deathwish... a friend of a friend's brother-in-law said his version was
    bugged... kept saying "one more shot of the happy couple!" to everyone he
    shot.

    The full title is "Bridezilla Slayer III: M.I.L. Killer FREE PROGRAM on this
    months coverdisc! Full package worth $25!!"

    Now BS:Resurrection, now THAT'S a WP app with class! 'Course, the OS X
    version is incompatible with Judaism, but anyone who's anyone is converting
    to Voodoo nowadays...

    --
    Martin
    http://www.btinternet.com/~mcsalty
    Martin Francis, Jul 24, 2003
  12. Patrick L.

    Patrick L. Guest

    Too funny !

    Patrick

    Patrick L., Jul 25, 2003
  13. Patrick L.

    T P Guest

    "Martin Francis" <> wrote:

    >MS Wedding Photographer 3.0 works a treat on older systems, taking all the
    >traditional shots and some fashionably artsy ones too, while managing to
    >remain sober and asking for money at appropriate times.
    >
    >If you have a more recent machine, the XP version works faster, though it
    >misses shots, sleeps with bridesmaids and occasionally refuses to shoot
    >until you fill in the e-registration form. There are whole usenet groups
    >dedicated to this package, with threads like "HELP! WPXP won't recognise my
    >older "obsolete" relatives!"
    >
    >There's a very reliable Linux version, but it has a habit to use 10x8 and
    >coat it's own glass plates.

    ROTFL!!!!
    T P, Jul 25, 2003
  14. Patrick L.

    T P Guest

    "Patrick L." <> wrote:

    >Too funny !

    Yes, I have the coffee stains to prove it!

    ;-)
    T P, Jul 25, 2003
  15. Patrick L.

    Savidge4 Guest

    >Yes, I have the coffee stains to prove it!

    As long as its coffee brother, as long as its coffee!
    Savidge4, Jul 25, 2003
  16. "Patrick L." <> wrote in message
    > I've been scouring the net for software (that I can use on my own server)
    > for wedding photography, and haven't found much. Anyone got leads on a
    > decent software package?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Patrick L.

    The photographer at a family event I recently attended posted his pictures
    on a Web site at http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?default?ts=0

    The software is from http://www.expressdigital.com/. and I thougt it did a
    good job, at least from the customer's viewpoint.
    Marvin Margoshes, Jul 28, 2003