Wedding package for $1m?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Borked Pseudo Mailed, Jul 11, 2008.

  1. Borked Pseudo Mailed, Jul 11, 2008

  2. Borked Pseudo Mailed

    Annika1980 Guest

    On Jul 10, 8:23 pm, Borked Pseudo Mailed <>
    wrote:
    > Create a fake account and start biddinghttp://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170235232467

    And be sure to ask him a question or two on his auction.

    Or better yet, follow the REPORT THIS ITEM link to report his
    scamming.
    I wonder how many other fake organizations like the CPPA that he will
    create?

    Annika1980, Jul 11, 2008

  3. Borked Pseudo Mailed

    Jeff R. Guest

    "Borked Pseudo Mailed" <> wrote in message
    > Create a fake account and start bidding
    > http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170235232467

    No - don't.

    That would be illegal *and* immoral.

    Let the poor old man have his joy. Let him sell a wedding photo package for
    $350 if he want to. It's cheaper than having our taxes pay for a
    Meals-on-Wheels service for him.

    As for the "lucky" auction winner... well... anyone who thinks they can get
    a reasonable wedding package for less than fixed costs deserves to be
    brought down to earth.

    Let this auction lie. As Doug does.

    Complain to eBay about the bogus credentials, by all means, (that's fair and
    reasonable) but leave him to his poor sad fantasies.

    --
    Jeff R.

    Jeff R., Jul 11, 2008
  4. Borked Pseudo Mailed

    tony cooper Guest

    On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 11:35:32 +1000, "Jeff R." <>
    wrote:

    >"Borked Pseudo Mailed" <> wrote in message
    >> Create a fake account and start bidding
    >> http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170235232467

    >No - don't.
    >
    >That would be illegal *and* immoral.
    >
    >Let the poor old man have his joy. Let him sell a wedding photo package for
    >$350 if he want to. It's cheaper than having our taxes pay for a
    >Meals-on-Wheels service for him.
    >
    >As for the "lucky" auction winner... well... anyone who thinks they can get
    >a reasonable wedding package for less than fixed costs deserves to be
    >brought down to earth.
    >
    >Let this auction lie. As Doug does.
    >
    >Complain to eBay about the bogus credentials, by all means, (that's fair and
    >reasonable) but leave him to his poor sad fantasies.

    This is a straight question, not an argument. What is the lie, and
    what is bogus about his credentials?

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Jul 11, 2008
  5. Borked Pseudo Mailed

    Annika1980 Guest

    On Jul 10, 9:35 pm, "Jeff R." <> wrote:

    > As for the "lucky" auction winner...  well... anyone who thinks they can get
    > a reasonable wedding package for less than fixed costs deserves to be
    > brought down to earth.
    >
    > Let this auction lie.  As Doug does.
    >
    > Complain to eBay about the bogus credentials, by all means, (that's fair and
    > reasonable) but leave him to his poor sad fantasies.

    If History repeats itself, the auction will go unbid until the last
    minute when one lucky bidder will offer him a nice sum and then leave
    glowing feedback, probably full of misspellings. A history of this
    lucky bidder will reveal not only that this is the first auction
    they've ever bid on, but that the winner's EBAY account was created
    within the last day. Then D-Mac will add the name of Miss Dyer or
    Miss Jones to his list of satisfied clientele. Another happy customer
    from the CPPA-certified sought-after Professional Wedding Photographer
    with over 30 years experience.

    Annika1980, Jul 11, 2008
  6. I don't know if I would leave this comment on a piece of my marketing?

    Mandy:
    "Yes, nice pictures. I like the album and canvas portrait, thank you but
    where are all my digital images?"

    Mick B

    On 11/7/08 10:23 AM, in article
    , "Borked Pseudo Mailed"

    Michael Brown, Jul 11, 2008
  7. Borked Pseudo Mailed

    Annika1980 Guest

    On Jul 10, 11:06 pm, Michael Brown <> wrote:
    > I don't know if I would leave this comment on a piece of my marketing?
    >
    > Mandy:
    > "Yes, nice pictures. I like the album and canvas portrait, thank you but
    > where are all my digital images?"

    Maybe he forgot to put the CF card in the camera?
    Oh wait, the Crapasonic uses crappy SD cards ... my bad!

    Poor Mandy ... she doesn't know it, but she's better off having never
    seen her pics.

    Annika1980, Jul 11, 2008
  8. Borked Pseudo Mailed

    ^Tems^ Guest

    Jeff R. wrote:

    > "Borked Pseudo Mailed" <> wrote in message
    >> Create a fake account and start bidding
    >> http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170235232467

    > No - don't.
    >
    > That would be illegal *and* immoral.
    >
    > Let the poor old man have his joy. Let him sell a wedding photo package
    > for $350 if he want to. It's cheaper than having our taxes pay for a
    > Meals-on-Wheels service for him.
    >
    > As for the "lucky" auction winner... well... anyone who thinks they can
    > get a reasonable wedding package for less than fixed costs deserves to
    > be brought down to earth.
    >
    > Let this auction lie. As Doug does.
    >
    > Complain to eBay about the bogus credentials, by all means, (that's fair
    > and reasonable) but leave him to his poor sad fantasies.

    I might bid on it and use him for the Jeff R beat Douglas party.

    Did you even get the summons?

    ^Tems^, Jul 11, 2008
  9. Borked Pseudo Mailed

    Annika1980 Guest

    On Jul 10, 11:03 pm, tony cooper <> wrote:

    > This is a straight question, not an argument.  What is the lie, and
    > what is bogus about his credentials?

    D-Mac claims membership in two organizations, CPPA and WIPM.
    WIPM is a real organization open to anyone with $35 (for a
    subscriber ... $70 for full membership). They even brag that you need
    no credentials to join. That's right .... NO CREDENTIALS.
    http://www.wipm.net/index1.htm

    CPPA is a new organization that Douggie just started himself.
    He claims 25 members .... he'd have even more, but many of his own
    sockpuppets have refused to join.

    So listing CPPA as a credential carries the same weight as does
    membership in the WIPM .... Nada, zilch, zippo.

    I know that just as we have various Professional organizations here in
    the USA, Australia has some as well. I wonder why D-Mac doesn't join
    those groups instead of creating fictitious groups to pad his resume?

    Annika1980, Jul 11, 2008
  10. Borked Pseudo Mailed

    tony cooper Guest

    On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 20:40:29 -0700 (PDT), Annika1980
    <> wrote:

    >On Jul 10, 11:03 pm, tony cooper <> wrote:
    >>
    >> This is a straight question, not an argument.  What is the lie, and
    >> what is bogus about his credentials?

    >D-Mac claims membership in two organizations, CPPA and WIPM.
    >WIPM is a real organization open to anyone with $35 (for a
    >subscriber ... $70 for full membership). They even brag that you need
    >no credentials to join. That's right .... NO CREDENTIALS.
    >http://www.wipm.net/index1.htm
    >
    >CPPA is a new organization that Douggie just started himself.
    >He claims 25 members .... he'd have even more, but many of his own
    >sockpuppets have refused to join.
    >
    >So listing CPPA as a credential carries the same weight as does
    >membership in the WIPM .... Nada, zilch, zippo.
    >
    >I know that just as we have various Professional organizations here in
    >the USA, Australia has some as well. I wonder why D-Mac doesn't join
    >those groups instead of creating fictitious groups to pad his resume?

    I see. I don't know anything about the organizations in Oz. I didn't
    realize that this is the "D-Mac" that I see mentioned here in the
    personal attack threads.

    The only thing that I noticed about his listing was that he has
    photographed some really ugly brides. Can't blame that on the
    photographer, though.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Jul 11, 2008
  11. Borked Pseudo Mailed

    ^Tems^ Guest

    tony cooper wrote:
    > On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 20:40:29 -0700 (PDT), Annika1980
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Jul 10, 11:03 pm, tony cooper <> wrote:
    >>> This is a straight question, not an argument. What is the lie, and
    >>> what is bogus about his credentials?

    >> D-Mac claims membership in two organizations, CPPA and WIPM.
    >> WIPM is a real organization open to anyone with $35 (for a
    >> subscriber ... $70 for full membership). They even brag that you need
    >> no credentials to join. That's right .... NO CREDENTIALS.
    >> http://www.wipm.net/index1.htm
    >>
    >> CPPA is a new organization that Douggie just started himself.
    >> He claims 25 members .... he'd have even more, but many of his own
    >> sockpuppets have refused to join.
    >>
    >> So listing CPPA as a credential carries the same weight as does
    >> membership in the WIPM .... Nada, zilch, zippo.
    >>
    >> I know that just as we have various Professional organizations here in
    >> the USA, Australia has some as well. I wonder why D-Mac doesn't join
    >> those groups instead of creating fictitious groups to pad his resume?
    >>

    > I see. I don't know anything about the organizations in Oz. I didn't
    > realize that this is the "D-Mac" that I see mentioned here in the
    > personal attack threads.
    >
    > The only thing that I noticed about his listing was that he has
    > photographed some really ugly brides. Can't blame that on the
    > photographer, though.

    He is an ugly bride magnet

    ^Tems^, Jul 11, 2008
  12. interesting reading on the feedback page :)

    Didn't Douggie own or run a business called "clocksnprints" once ??

    third item down
    http://feedback.ebay.com.au/ws/eBay...ames&iid=-1&de=off&items=25&interval=0&page=2

    Don Hirschberg

    Atheist Chaplain, Jul 11, 2008
  13. Borked Pseudo Mailed

    Annika1980 Guest

    On Jul 11, 12:14 am, tony cooper <> wrote:

    > The only thing that I noticed about his listing was that he has
    > photographed some really ugly brides.  Can't blame that on the
    > photographer, though.

    You can if they're his daughters.

    Annika1980, Jul 11, 2008
  14. Borked Pseudo Mailed

    Jeff R. Guest

    "^Tems^" <> wrote in message

    > I might bid on it and use him for the Jeff R beat Douglas party.
    >
    > Did you even get the summons?

    Nup.
    But its only been -what?- seven weeks?
    Mail might be pretty slow from SEQ.

    --
    Jeff R.

    Jeff R., Jul 11, 2008
  15. Borked Pseudo Mailed

    Jeff R. Guest

    "tony cooper" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 11:35:32 +1000, "Jeff R." <>
    > wrote:

    >>Let this auction lie. As Doug does.

    > This is a straight question, not an argument. What is the lie, and
    > what is bogus about his credentials?
    > --
    > Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    Figure of speech problem. My bad, as they say.
    The credentials question has been answered already.

    I meant: "Let the auction stand as it is", then I let the meaning revert to
    "commit a falsehood" when I wrote: "As Doug does."
    It was a stylistic indulgence which apparently backfired on you, Tony. I
    was referring to the multitudinous lies that Doug has told in this NG, not
    the two insignificant dishonest boasts he made about his "certifications" in
    the auction.

    --
    Jeff R.

    Jeff R., Jul 11, 2008
  16. Borked Pseudo Mailed

    Annika1980 Guest

    On Jul 11, 12:52 am, Troy Piggins <> wrote:
    > * Atheist Chaplain wrote :
    >
    > > interesting reading on the feedback page :)

    > > Didn't Douggie own or run a business called "clocksnprints" once ??

    > > third item down
    > >http://feedback.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&ftab=Feedb....

    > Click on the link for "clocksnprints" and see where it takes you.
    > Now click on one of the other feedback peoples' names and see
    > where it takes you.  :)

    I believe I just posted something yesterday in this very thread about
    D-Mac bidding on his own auctions and leaving glowing feedback.
    Any questions?

    Annika1980, Jul 11, 2008
  17. Borked Pseudo Mailed

    wrote:
    > Create a fake account and start biddinghttp://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170235232467

    Check out this question on that auction.
    ===================================
    Q: I'm after a photographer for 14 Dec, for wedding ceremony and
    reception, Brisbane city. do you have this date free? 09-Jul-08
    A: Hello and thanks for your interest. I do have Sunday 14th
    December vacant. If you care to provide me with times and location, I
    can tell you if there will be a parking problem which requires payment
    of extra money.
    ===================================

    ROFL! D-Mac is gonna dun them for the $5 it costs to park!
    What a cheapskate!

    Annika1980, Jul 11, 2008
  18. Borked Pseudo Mailed

    Annika1980 Guest

    Annika1980, Jul 14, 2008
  19. Borked Pseudo Mailed

    Doug Jewell Guest

    Annika1980 wrote:
    > http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170235232467
    >

    > Auction ended with 0 bids. What a shock!

    Yeah, it is a shock. I'm shocked that someone didn't create
    a false account so he could bid on it, so he could give
    glowing feedback.
    So many dishonest people here who hate D-Mac, and not one of
    them used a false account to run up the amount - perhaps
    we're not so dishonest after all.

    Doug Jewell, Jul 16, 2008
  20. Borked Pseudo Mailed

    Annika1980 Guest

    On Jul 15, 8:20 pm, John McWilliams <> wrote:

    > Is it not possible for you to simply ignore any and all things D-Mac?
    > I'm sure Bret cannot, nor Mark Thomas, and Rita is trying to curry him
    > as a buddy. So, could you do this for even a month?

    This bothers you, why?

    Instead of trying to be the den mother to the newsgroup why not
    contribute something worthwhile yourself besides saying "f-u set" 100
    times a day?

    Annika1980, Jul 16, 2008