  1. Alec Baylis

    Alec Baylis Guest

    how do you set up a website and post it
    Alec Baylis, Jan 29, 2005

  2. Alec Baylis

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Alec Baylis" <snipped> wrote in message
    | how do you set up a website and post it

    First, read the following:

    Email Address Munging
    WHY: http://www.private.org.il/harvest.html
    HOW: http://members.aol.com/emailfaq/mungfaq.html
    MORE: http://www.faqs.org/faqs/net-abuse-faq/spam-faq/
    I'd suggest you add a ".invalid" to the end of your new fake email address
    where it's listed in your account settings. In Outlook Express, click on
    Tools, Accounts, then the News Tab. Select your news server, then click on
    Properties. On the General tab, go to the Email address and add the .invalid
    at the end of the address. Simple. Done (unless your news server demands a
    legitimate email address, and even then, there are ways around that.)

    Second, check with your ISP - you probably have web space available to you.
    They even usually provide tools to create your web site.read the following:
    Toolman Tim, Jan 29, 2005

  3. Alec Baylis

    Steve P Guest

    Steve P, Jan 29, 2005
  4. Alec Baylis

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 19:16:48 GMT, Alec Baylis wrote:

    >how do you set up a website and post it

    If it's for virgin.net try the help pages. It's really odd but they have
    some instructions
    http://www.virgin.net/customers/helpme/freespace/index.html

    FTP
    Top 10 Freespace questions
    Design a website
    Beyond basics
    Useful extras
    Top sites
    Further reading
    Ask us

    Me
    why?, Jan 29, 2005
  5. Alec Baylis

    jda^fx Guest

    <> wrote:

    >how do you set up a website and post it

    Start with pen and paper version 1.0, draw a decent design, *think*
    about how your navigation should be so you make intuitive for the
    visitor to browse trough, how your content should be prioritized in
    the navigation. Then start to ad colors to your drawings. And when
    that is done and you are happy with the results, maybe had somebody
    else to take a look at it, then you are allowed to go to the computer.
    Not before. Now get a decent program for setting up HTML. HTML-Kit
    http://www.chami.com/html-kit/ is good as well as free, and can check
    up on your syntax. Now you will find that your design is way to
    ambitious so you have to adabt it to what you can do with html. And
    when you are happy, then post it.

    jda^fx
    jda^fx, Jan 29, 2005
  6. Alec Baylis

    EU citizen Guest

    The FTP section gives advice on using WSFTP_LE. However, this frree product
    is no longer available.

    EU citizen, Feb 5, 2005