  1. Is there any way reenable right-click functionality on websites that
    disable it? Back when I used IE there was a registry hack that got
    around it, but I haven't been able to find anything for Firefox.
    Trevor Smithson, Feb 11, 2006

  2. Trevor Smithson

    gwtc Guest

    Trevor Smithson wrote:

    > Is there any way reenable right-click functionality on websites that
    > disable it? Back when I used IE there was a registry hack that got
    > around it, but I haven't been able to find anything for Firefox.

    I haven't tried it out, but there is a bookmarklet that can do it.
    Just copy the entire code below on one line. Start from where it says
    javascript: and drag all the way to the end. Then open the Bookmark
    Manager, and click on New Bookmark. Give it a name and in the
    Location paste the code into it, and click OK. Now go to the web site
    and click on the bookmarklet.

    Let me know if it works or not.

    The code is:

    javascript:(function() { function R(a){ona = %22on%22+a;
    if(window.addEventListener) window.addEventListener(a, function (e) {
    for(var n=e.originalTarget; n; n=n.parentNode) n[ona]=null; }, true);
    window[ona]=null; document[ona]=null; if(document.body)
    document.body[ona]=null; } R(%22contextmenu%22); R(%22click%22);
    R(%22mousedown%22); R(%22mouseup%22); })()
    gwtc, Feb 11, 2006

  3. Trevor Smithson

    Guest

    Trevor Smithson wrote:
    > Is there any way reenable right-click functionality on websites that
    > disable it? Back when I used IE there was a registry hack that got
    > around it, but I haven't been able to find anything for Firefox.

    Tool \ Options \ Content \ Advanced... \ Disable or replace context
    menus

    Would you detail the IE hack, please. Thanks.
    Csaba Gabor from Vienna
    , Feb 12, 2006
  4. Trevor Smithson

    Ranjit Guest

    Trevor Smithson wrote:
    > Is there any way reenable right-click functionality on websites that
    > disable it? Back when I used IE there was a registry hack that got
    > around it, but I haven't been able to find anything for Firefox.

    There is an extension to do this, I forgot the exact name but it is
    "allow right click" or something similar.

    HTH
    Ranjit, Feb 15, 2006
  5. Trevor Smithson

    gwtc Guest

    Ranjit wrote:

    > Trevor Smithson wrote:
    >
    >>Is there any way reenable right-click functionality on websites that
    >>disable it? Back when I used IE there was a registry hack that got
    >>around it, but I haven't been able to find anything for Firefox.

    > There is an extension to do this, I forgot the exact name but it is
    > "allow right click" or something similar.
    >
    > HTH

    The only one that I know of is Multizilla, but thats for Mozilla Suite
    and SeaMonkey only.
    gwtc, Feb 15, 2006
  6. Ranjit wrote:
    > Trevor Smithson wrote:
    >> Is there any way reenable right-click functionality on websites that
    >> disable it? Back when I used IE there was a registry hack that got
    >> around it, but I haven't been able to find anything for Firefox.

    > There is an extension to do this, I forgot the exact name but it is
    > "allow right click" or something similar.
    >
    > HTH

    Have you tried Tools>>Options>>Content

    Click the Advanced button next to javascript. Uncheck the box for
    Disable or replace context menus.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Feb 15, 2006
  7. Trevor Smithson

    Hawkeye Guest

    On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 23:28:56 -0800, gwtc
    <> wrote:

    >Ranjit wrote:
    >
    >> Trevor Smithson wrote:
    >>
    >>>Is there any way reenable right-click functionality on websites that
    >>>disable it? Back when I used IE there was a registry hack that got
    >>>around it, but I haven't been able to find anything for Firefox.

    >> There is an extension to do this, I forgot the exact name but it is
    >> "allow right click" or something similar.
    >>
    >> HTH

    >The only one that I know of is Multizilla, but thats for Mozilla Suite
    >and SeaMonkey only.

    There is an Allow Right-Click extension for FF. It works *most* of
    the time.
    http://roachfiend.com/archives/2005/03/03/allow-right-click/

    You may have to bump the version for 1.5.0.1.
    Hawkeye, Feb 15, 2006
  8. Trevor Smithson

    gwtc Guest

    Hawkeye wrote:

    > On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 23:28:56 -0800, gwtc
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>Ranjit wrote:

    >>>There is an extension to do this, I forgot the exact name but it is
    >>>"allow right click" or something similar.
    >>>
    >>>HTH

    >>The only one that I know of is Multizilla, but thats for Mozilla Suite
    >>and SeaMonkey only.

    > There is an Allow Right-Click extension for FF. It works *most* of
    > the time.
    > http://roachfiend.com/archives/2005/03/03/allow-right-click/
    >
    > You may have to bump the version for 1.5.0.1.

    thats the one I was looking for. Its either that or the bookmarklet
    one I gave previously.
    gwtc, Feb 15, 2006
  9. Trevor Smithson

    elaich Guest

    Trevor Smithson <> wrote in

    > Is there any way reenable right-click functionality on websites that
    > disable it? Back when I used IE there was a registry hack that got
    > around it, but I haven't been able to find anything for Firefox.

    go here:

    http://www.squarefree.com/bookmarklets/zap.html#restore_context_menu

    Hoevr over the box "restore context menu" and drag it to your Bookmarks
    Toolbar. Now, a simple click on it will disable the script that prevents
    right clicking.
    elaich, Feb 16, 2006