    web space that your ISP gives you???

    Many Thanks

    Alistair

    Alistair Echlin, Aug 7, 2004

  2. Alistair Echlin

    Plato Guest

    Alistair Echlin wrote:

    > How would I go about putting pictures onto a website, so I could send a
    > link to it for people to see? Is it something to do with your allocated
    > web space that your ISP gives you???

    Yes many isps do give you space for a small personal website. The nice
    thing about that is you shoudlnt have any ads with it unless you're
    using a bargain isp.

    Plato, Aug 7, 2004

  3. Alistair Echlin

    Alistair Guest

    Plato

    Im using BT Broadband, for £30/month I should hope Im not getting ad's
    coming through! So do I just follow the gumf on BT Yahoo then to get me
    started?

    Cheers

    Alistair

    Alistair, Aug 7, 2004
  4. Alistair Echlin

    Sirius Guest

    Alistair Echlin wrote:
    > Hi knowledgable lot....
    >
    > How would I go about putting pictures onto a website, so I could

    send a
    > link to it for people to see? Is it something to do with your

    allocated
    > web space that your ISP gives you???
    >
    > Many Thanks
    >
    > Alistair

    If that is all you want to do - and you don't know how to make a
    website, you might find it easier to use an online photo printing
    service like http://www.byphotos.com/ which will store downloaded images
    and make it easy for you to provide a link for people to view them.

    An ad supported free webspace provider like geocities ortripod would be
    similar.

    Sirius, Aug 7, 2004