    accessories etc...

    Irax.
    (not affiliated with the web site in any way...)
    Iraxl Enb, Oct 12, 2005

  2. Iraxl Enb

    N.R. Guest

    N.R., Oct 12, 2005

  3. Iraxl Enb

    Iraxl Enb Guest

    Iraxl Enb, Oct 12, 2005
  4. Iraxl Enb

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 05:50:13 -0500, in rec.photo.digital Iraxl Enb
    <> wrote:

    >Was looking at prices for the Canon EOS 350D (Rebel
    >XT), and came across http://www.bestpricecameras.com,
    >which lists body only for $559 for the silver. That is
    >the lowest I have seen anywhere, and I wanted to find
    >out if anyone here has any experience buying from them?

    Don't get your hopes up.
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at
    http://EdwardGRuf.com
    Ed Ruf, Oct 12, 2005
  5. Iraxl Enb

    Matt Clara Guest

    "Iraxl Enb" <> wrote in message
    > Was looking at prices for the Canon EOS 350D (Rebel
    > XT), and came across http://www.bestpricecameras.com,
    > which lists body only for $559 for the silver. That is
    > the lowest I have seen anywhere, and I wanted to find
    > out if anyone here has any experience buying from them?
    >
    > BTW, that site seems to have good prices on lenses,
    > accessories etc...
    >
    > Irax.
    > (not affiliated with the web site in any way...)

    The camera sales industry is funny like that. In the computer parts
    industry one can look around for the lowest priced part, order it and
    usually be fine, though sometimes so many people order it, the part goes on
    back order and it takes three months to get yours. In the camera sales
    industry, the lowest prices come from scam artists who then look for ways to
    pad your bill, or sell gray market when they claim USA warranty in the ads.
    Look at www.bhphoto.com, www.adorama.com, and www.keh.com (KEH mostly for
    used goods, but they have some new, too). That's as low as it goes without
    getting ripped off. Those three are very trustworthy, as well, and I'm sure
    some here can name a few more you can trust, too.

    --
    Regards,
    Matt Clara
    Matt Clara, Oct 12, 2005
  6. On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 17:09:03 GMT, "Matt Clara"
    <> wrote:

    >"Iraxl Enb" <> wrote in message
    >> Was looking at prices for the Canon EOS 350D (Rebel
    >> XT), and came across http://www.bestpricecameras.com,
    >> which lists body only for $559 for the silver. That is
    >> the lowest I have seen anywhere, and I wanted to find
    >> out if anyone here has any experience buying from them?
    >>
    >> BTW, that site seems to have good prices on lenses,
    >> accessories etc...
    >>
    >> Irax.
    >> (not affiliated with the web site in any way...)

    >The camera sales industry is funny like that. In the computer parts
    >industry one can look around for the lowest priced part, order it and
    >usually be fine, though sometimes so many people order it, the part goes on
    >back order and it takes three months to get yours. In the camera sales
    >industry, the lowest prices come from scam artists who then look for ways to
    >pad your bill, or sell gray market when they claim USA warranty in the ads.
    >Look at www.bhphoto.com, www.adorama.com, and www.keh.com (KEH mostly for
    >used goods, but they have some new, too). That's as low as it goes without
    >getting ripped off. Those three are very trustworthy, as well, and I'm sure
    >some here can name a few more you can trust, too.

    I would add Amazon to that list at least as far as Canon Gear goes.
    The free ship and points with their credit card for many things like
    my 20D and 5D a better deal than B&H. Now they are starting to carry
    the "L" lens which means my 35mm f/1.4L will come from there with the
    points from the 5D added makes them the best. They also have an
    outstanding return policy.

    -James Nachtwey-
    http://www.jamesnachtwey.com/
    John A. Stovall, Oct 12, 2005