    same problem?

    thanks.
    Gustavo

    Gustavo, Dec 20, 2011

  2. Gustavo

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <bb73f206-2ff3-493e-8374-
    >, , Gustavo
    says...

    > Hello, we have set our website emails accounts on gmail, thats ok. but
    > from our website we sent automatic email responses to users, and we
    > have notice that mails sent to gmail account wont reach. we think that
    > gmail detect IP from email was sent (our website), so detecting that
    > email was not sent from gmail, and filter as spam. someone have the
    > same problem?

    This can be one of several things - but some more info would help, eg
    the domain? - perhaps you'd rather not say. However... you can
    certainly run into problems when you have a server (whatever, but gmail
    in your case) handling your domain e-mail - and a website on another
    server, also handling domain e-mail.

    Ensure that your website server has DNS configured for remote e-mail
    only (using their server to send outbound), and not local - otherwise,
    it won't "go anywhere" - it'll just go from the website hosting server,
    back to the website hosting server! This problem usually shows itself
    as not being able to send e-mail to your own domain, but all others work
    - for e-mails generated by the website.

    Put your domain into http://www.intodns.com - and see what results you
    get for MX and A, for e-mail.

    Unfortunately I don't know much about gmail e-mail server setup -
    perhaps someone else can help more there.

    Why can't you run your own mail server? - it really can make life a lot
    easier.

    --
    Duncan.

    Dave Doe, Dec 21, 2011