Website Hall of Shame

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Don Gould, May 11, 2004.

  1. Don Gould

    Don Gould Guest

    Don Gould, May 11, 2004

  2. Don Gould

    Rider Guest

    "Don Gould" <> wrote in message
    news:UKWnc.3215$...
    > The guy who runs Aardvark has begun a Hall of Shame for the websites
    > that don't work on non-MS browsers.
    >
    > http://aardvark.co.nz/hallofshame.shtml

    Whoopidy doooo

    LoL

    Rider, May 11, 2004

  3. Don Gould

    Industrious Guest

    Rather blatant rip off of www.rotten .com site.

    Industrious, May 11, 2004
  4. Industrious wrote:
    > Rather blatant rip off of www.rotten .com site.

    there is a rotten.com one specifically for nz sites... random

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, May 11, 2004
  5. Don Gould

    JedMeister Guest

    I notice the lotto website is listed...this should be doubly in the hall of
    shame, as they do not even print the full results of each draw, such as the
    guaranteed millionaire ticket numbers.

    JedMeister, May 11, 2004
  6. Don Gould

    JedMeister Guest

    sorry my mistake, they do..under 'results' tab...

    JedMeister, May 11, 2004
  7. On Tue, 11 May 2004 15:52:18 +1200, "Industrious"
    <> wrote:

    >Rather blatant rip off of www.rotten .com site.

    Actually I think I can claim prior art on that one.

    One of the very first features of Aardvark was the "I Can't Believe
    It's True" section that highlighted idiot websites -- and that was
    back in 1995.

    Bruce Simpson, May 11, 2004
  8. Don Gould wrote:
    > The guy who runs Aardvark has begun a Hall of Shame for the websites
    > that don't work on non-MS browsers.
    >
    > http://aardvark.co.nz/hallofshame.shtml

    Is there anything wrong with http://realenz.co.nz ? In Safari, when I
    click on a section of the county, after a second or two it reverts back
    to the home page.

    I'm a Trampoline, May 11, 2004

    Forgot the "www." in that.

    I'm a Trampoline, May 11, 2004
  10. Thanks to the contributions of readers, the list of shameful websites
    is growing quite rapidly right now and I've updated the page to
    reflect this.

    Bruce Simpson, May 11, 2004