    Windows ME, Outlook Express 5.5
    Any ideas please? (nothing too technical thanks).
    Geopelia
    geopelia, Jan 19, 2004

  2. geopelia

    °Mike° Guest

    A link to the website might help.

    On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 10:00:32 +1300, in
    <OwXOb.17391$>
    geopelia scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jan 19, 2004

  3. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > A link to the website might help.

    The website is http://www.fhmus.com/images/reporter/slacker/miniputt.swf

    If it had been removed, there would be the usual "website is not available"
    page, but that isn't there. Just a blank where nothing appears. I left it
    for about five minutes, it should have arrived by then.
    Geopelia

    geopelia, Jan 19, 2004
  4. geopelia

    ICee Guest

    geopelia wrote:
    > "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> A link to the website might help.

    > The website is
    > http://www.fhmus.com/images/reporter/slacker/miniputt.swf
    >
    > If it had been removed, there would be the usual "website is not
    > available" page, but that isn't there. Just a blank where nothing
    > appears. I left it for about five minutes, it should have arrived by
    > then.
    > Geopelia

    the .swf indicates it uses Macromedia Flash. You'll have to (re)install
    it.

    http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash

    Shorter link http://tinyurl.com/3tuy

    >> On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 10:00:32 +1300, in
    >> <OwXOb.17391$>
    >> geopelia scrawled:
    >>
    >>> I have a mini golf game saved on Favourites, and on the original
    >>> email to me.
    >>> I used to be able to open it from either place.
    >>>
    >>> Now whichever I click on, it just gets stuck, the X keeps turning
    >>> and the blue line gets about a third of the way but no further.
    >>> I've tried clicking Refresh. History has been cleared so it won't
    >>> be there.
    >>> Other Favourites and emails are working normally.
    >>>
    >>> Windows ME, Outlook Express 5.5
    >>> Any ideas please? (nothing too technical thanks).
    >>> Geopelia
    >>>

    >> --
    >> Basic computer maintenance

    Douglas Adams
    ICee, Jan 20, 2004
  5. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "ICee" <> wrote in message
    > geopelia wrote:
    > > "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > >> A link to the website might help.

    > > The website is
    > > http://www.fhmus.com/images/reporter/slacker/miniputt.swf
    > >
    > > If it had been removed, there would be the usual "website is not
    > > available" page, but that isn't there. Just a blank where nothing
    > > appears. I left it for about five minutes, it should have arrived by
    > > then.
    > > Geopelia

    > the .swf indicates it uses Macromedia Flash. You'll have to (re)install
    > it.

    http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=Sh
    ockwaveFlash

    > Shorter link http://tinyurl.com/3tuy

    Thank you. I installed Macromedia Flash from the link, which was successful,
    but the game still won't arrive. It gets half way and sticks, though the X
    is still turning. It should surely get here within five minutes, shouldn't
    it?
    I've tried restarting the computer, no luck.

    Looks like the Minigolfer is stuck in a bunker! Tiger where are you?
    Geopelia

    geopelia, Jan 20, 2004
  6. geopelia

    ICee Guest

    geopelia wrote:
    > "ICee" <> wrote in message
    >> geopelia wrote:
    >>> "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> The website is
    >>> http://www.fhmus.com/images/reporter/slacker/miniputt.swf
    >>>
    >>> If it had been removed, there would be the usual "website is not
    >>> available" page, but that isn't there. Just a blank where nothing
    >>> appears. I left it for about five minutes, it should have arrived by
    >>> then.
    >>> Geopelia

    >> the .swf indicates it uses Macromedia Flash. You'll have to
    >> (re)install it.

    http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=Sh
    > ockwaveFlash
    >>
    >> Shorter link http://tinyurl.com/3tuy

    > Thank you. I installed Macromedia Flash from the link, which was
    > successful, but the game still won't arrive. It gets half way and
    > sticks, though the X is still turning. It should surely get here
    > within five minutes, shouldn't it?
    > I've tried restarting the computer, no luck.
    >
    > Looks like the Minigolfer is stuck in a bunker! Tiger where are you?
    > Geopelia

    It's a 845 KB file. It will take a while to load if you're using a dial
    up connection.
    ICee, Jan 20, 2004
  7. geopelia wrote:

    > The website is http://www.fhmus.com/images/reporter/slacker/miniputt.swf

    Deceptive course. I breezed through the first 16 holes, then tanked 17 and
    18--those are HARD. Ended up 1 under for the whole course despite an 8 on
    17 and a 9 on 18. :)
    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA
    Gary G. Taylor, Jan 20, 2004
  8. geopelia

    Boomer Guest

    "ICee" <> wrote in

    > geopelia wrote:
    >> "ICee" <> wrote in message

    >>> the .swf indicates it uses Macromedia Flash. You'll have to
    >>> (re)install it.
    >>>

    > http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_V
    > ersion=Sh
    >> ockwaveFlash
    >>>
    >>> Shorter link http://tinyurl.com/3tuy

    >> Thank you. I installed Macromedia Flash from the link, which was
    >> successful, but the game still won't arrive. It gets half way and
    >> sticks, though the X is still turning. It should surely get here
    >> within five minutes, shouldn't it?
    >> I've tried restarting the computer, no luck.
    >>
    >> Looks like the Minigolfer is stuck in a bunker! Tiger where are
    >> you? Geopelia

    > It's a 845 KB file. It will take a while to load if you're using
    > a dial up connection.

    I just tried it, on dialup here, and it took about 3 minutes.
    Found it on my HDD and played off line. :)
    Got a 56.
    Boomer, Jan 20, 2004
  9. geopelia

    Boomer Guest

    "Gary G. Taylor" <> wrote in

    > geopelia wrote:
    >
    >> The website is
    >> http://www.fhmus.com/images/reporter/slacker/miniputt.swf

    > Deceptive course. I breezed through the first 16 holes, then
    > tanked 17 and 18--those are HARD. Ended up 1 under for the whole
    > course despite an 8 on 17 and a 9 on 18. :)

    The 18th hole is a tough one, thats for sure.
    Boomer, Jan 20, 2004
  10. geopelia

    ICee Guest

    Boomer wrote:
    > "ICee" <> wrote in
    >
    >> geopelia wrote:
    >>> "ICee" <> wrote in message

    >> http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_V
    >> ersion=Sh
    >>> ockwaveFlash

    >>> Thank you. I installed Macromedia Flash from the link, which was
    >>> successful, but the game still won't arrive. It gets half way and
    >>> sticks, though the X is still turning. It should surely get here
    >>> within five minutes, shouldn't it?
    >>> I've tried restarting the computer, no luck.
    >>>
    >>> Looks like the Minigolfer is stuck in a bunker! Tiger where are
    >>> you? Geopelia

    >> It's a 845 KB file. It will take a while to load if you're using
    >> a dial up connection.

    > I just tried it, on dialup here, and it took about 3 minutes.
    > Found it on my HDD and played off line. :)
    > Got a 56.

    Thanks for that, Boomer. I wasn't sure how long it would take, since
    it's been over a year since I've used a dial up connection. He must
    have another problem then.

    Douglas Adams
    ICee, Jan 20, 2004
  11. geopelia

    Boomer Guest

    "ICee" <> wrote in news:sYCdnfnQGdulCJHdRVn-
    :

    > Boomer wrote:
    >> "ICee" <> wrote in

    [snip]
    >>> It's a 845 KB file. It will take a while to load if you're using
    >>> a dial up connection.

    >> I just tried it, on dialup here, and it took about 3 minutes.
    >> Found it on my HDD and played off line. :)
    >> Got a 56.

    > Thanks for that, Boomer. I wasn't sure how long it would take, since
    > it's been over a year since I've used a dial up connection. He must
    > have another problem then.

    You're welcome. :)
    Boomer, Jan 20, 2004
  12. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    > "Gary G. Taylor" <> wrote in
    >
    > > geopelia wrote:
    > >
    > >> The website is
    > >> http://www.fhmus.com/images/reporter/slacker/miniputt.swf

    > > Deceptive course. I breezed through the first 16 holes, then
    > > tanked 17 and 18--those are HARD. Ended up 1 under for the whole
    > > course despite an 8 on 17 and a 9 on 18. :)

    > The 18th hole is a tough one, thats for sure.

    I got stuck on the one with what looks like an S shaped sheet of tin. took
    47 just to get through that one, but got two holes in one.

    Thanks everybody. I'll try leaving it on a lot longer. I'm not sure what a
    "dial up connection" is. I connect to my ISP, xtra, then click outlook
    express, then find the website from an email.
    I also got Internet Explorer and tried the site from Favourites.
    I've also tried just typing in the website as for other internet sites.
    We have the one phone line, from Telecom in New Zealand, which works the
    phone and the computer.You can't use both at once.
    What is a puzzle is that it came through quite fast the first few times I
    used it, and now it doesn't appear in about 5 minutes.

    geopelia
    geopelia, Jan 20, 2004
  13. geopelia

    Boomer Guest

    "geopelia" <> wrote in

    > "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    >> "Gary G. Taylor" <> wrote in

    >> > Deceptive course. I breezed through the first 16 holes, then
    >> > tanked 17 and 18--those are HARD. Ended up 1 under for the
    >> > whole course despite an 8 on 17 and a 9 on 18. :)

    >> The 18th hole is a tough one, thats for sure.

    > I got stuck on the one with what looks like an S shaped sheet of
    > tin. took 47 just to get through that one, but got two holes in
    > one.

    If you've played it then you have it on your hard drive now. :)

    Boomer, Jan 20, 2004
  14. geopelia

    °Mike° Guest

    On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 16:04:08 +1300, in
    <DR0Pb.17697$>
    geopelia scrawled:

    >"Boomer" <> wrote in message
    >> "Gary G. Taylor" <> wrote in

    >> > Deceptive course. I breezed through the first 16 holes, then
    >> > tanked 17 and 18--those are HARD. Ended up 1 under for the whole
    >> > course despite an 8 on 17 and a 9 on 18. :)

    >> The 18th hole is a tough one, thats for sure.

    >I got stuck on the one with what looks like an S shaped sheet of tin. took
    >47 just to get through that one, but got two holes in one.
    >
    >Thanks everybody. I'll try leaving it on a lot longer. I'm not sure what a
    >"dial up connection" is. I connect to my ISP, xtra, then click outlook
    >express, then find the website from an email.
    >I also got Internet Explorer and tried the site from Favourites.
    >I've also tried just typing in the website as for other internet sites.
    >We have the one phone line, from Telecom in New Zealand, which works the
    >phone and the computer.You can't use both at once.
    >What is a puzzle is that it came through quite fast the first few times I
    >used it, and now it doesn't appear in about 5 minutes.
    >
    >geopelia

    Empty your internet cache. See my signature.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jan 20, 2004
  15. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 16:04:08 +1300, in
    > <DR0Pb.17697$>
    > geopelia scrawled:
    >

    > >"Boomer" <> wrote in message
    > >> "Gary G. Taylor" <> wrote in

    > >> The 18th hole is a tough one, thats for sure.

    > >I got stuck on the one with what looks like an S shaped sheet of tin.

    took
    > >47 just to get through that one, but got two holes in one.
    > >
    > >Thanks everybody. I'll try leaving it on a lot longer. I'm not sure what

    > >"dial up connection" is. I connect to my ISP, xtra, then click outlook
    > >express, then find the website from an email.
    > >I also got Internet Explorer and tried the site from Favourites.
    > >I've also tried just typing in the website as for other internet sites.
    > >We have the one phone line, from Telecom in New Zealand, which works the
    > >phone and the computer.You can't use both at once.
    > >What is a puzzle is that it came through quite fast the first few times I
    > >used it, and now it doesn't appear in about 5 minutes.
    > >
    > >geopelia

    > Empty your internet cache. See my signature.

    Thanks, that worked! It came through straight away. (I got 81, but I'm
    beginning to see what to do)
    I've printed out your "Basic computer maintenance" but some of it seems a
    bit advanced for me as yet. It's still mostly trial and error with me,
    mainly error!
    Geopelia
    geopelia, Jan 20, 2004
  16. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    > "geopelia" <> wrote in
    >

    > > "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    > >> "Gary G. Taylor" <> wrote in

    > >> The 18th hole is a tough one, thats for sure.

    > > I got stuck on the one with what looks like an S shaped sheet of
    > > tin. took 47 just to get through that one, but got two holes in
    > > one.

    > If you've played it then you have it on your hard drive now. :)

    Yes, it was there. Thanks

    geopelia, Jan 20, 2004
  17. geopelia

    Boomer Guest

    "geopelia" <> wrote in

    > "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    >> "geopelia" <> wrote in
    >>

    >> > "Boomer" <> wrote in message

    >> > I got stuck on the one with what looks like an S shaped sheet of
    >> > tin. took 47 just to get through that one, but got two holes in
    >> > one.

    >> If you've played it then you have it on your hard drive now. :)

    > Yes, it was there. Thanks

    You're welcome. Glad you've got it now. :)

    Boomer, Jan 20, 2004
  18. geopelia

    °Mike° Guest

    On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 23:58:13 +1300, in
    <2O7Pb.18082$>
    geopelia scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message

    <snip>

    >> Empty your internet cache. See my signature.

    >Thanks, that worked! It came through straight away. (I got 81, but I'm
    >beginning to see what to do)
    >I've printed out your "Basic computer maintenance" but some of it seems a
    >bit advanced for me as yet. It's still mostly trial and error with me,
    >mainly error!
    >Geopelia

    You're welcome.

    --