    to create shops with shopping carts and such.

    Any recommendations would be greatly received.
    Kind Regards,
    Dave, May 5, 2007

  2. Dave

    why? Guest

    On 5 May 2007 01:42:20 -0700, Dave wrote:

    You need more than just the website stuff, Google posting and an
    unmunged email addy.

    >Would anyone here be able to recommend a good software package for
    >website creation?
    >
    >I am looking for a package that'll do all the html for me and be able

    Worrying about too much there, why think about the HTML when needing
    shops / cart. Stick to the major features not the little stuff.

    >to create shops with shopping carts and such.

    'such' return to many hits in a search.

    >Any recommendations would be greatly received.
    >Kind Regards,

    Do it the other way, find a hosting company with a good reputation that
    offers an all in 1 package, site builder, cart, ssl certificates,
    support 24x7 via emal and phone etc.

    Me
    why?, May 5, 2007

  3. Dave

    Robb Guest

    Dave wrote:
    >Would anyone here be able to recommend a good software package for
    >website creation?
    >
    >I am looking for a package that'll do all the html for me and be able
    >to create shops with shopping carts and such.

    You say 'shopS' - if you intend to setup multiple sites, no. You should
    know the answer to that if you're going to build / operate lots of sites.

    If it's a one-off site that you intend to sell "stuff" on check into
    Dreamweaver (Adobe) to roll your own.

    An OS Commerce derivative might be good 'enuf. Or a web-matrix cart
    or a .NET cart. First check what's offered /and/ supported by whoever's
    hosting the site and double-back to check if your payment processor is
    supported in the 'cart' you like. You don't need support for 500,000
    products in 50,000 categories if you only have 50 different items to sell.

    Suggestion: buy a domain, get a host, install several "free" carts (in
    succession) to check the administration functions. Research and test
    constantly. The more investigation and preparation you do up front,
    the fewer headaches and frustration you'll have later on.

    Some 'gotchas':
    Cheap "we do it all instantly" hosting packages.
    Miva Merchant - unless you already know MivaScript + PHP.
    GoDaddy (spam blocked IP's).
    Google Payment Processing (stupid implementation).

    Link: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=shopping cart

    --
    Robb
    Robb, May 5, 2007
  4. Dave

    Robb Guest

    why? wrote:

    >On 5 May 2007 01:42:20 -0700, Dave wrote:
    >
    >You need more than just the website stuff, Google posting and an
    >unmunged email addy.
    >
    >>Would anyone here be able to recommend a good software package for
    >>website creation?
    >>
    >>I am looking for a package that'll do all the html for me and be able

    >Worrying about too much there, why think about the HTML when needing
    >shops / cart. Stick to the major features not the little stuff.
    >
    >>to create shops with shopping carts and such.

    >'such' return to many hits in a search.

    LOL

    >Do it the other way, find a hosting company with a good reputation that
    >offers an all in 1 package, site builder, cart, ssl certificates,
    >support 24x7 via emal and phone etc.

    Why, Why? <g> if it works out, he'll just be looking to move it.

    --
    Robb
    Robb, May 5, 2007
  5. Dave

    Dave Guest

    On May 5, 10:22 am, why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:
    > On 5 May 2007 01:42:20 -0700, Dave wrote:
    >
    > You need more than just the website stuff, Google posting and an
    > unmunged email addy.
    >
    > >Would anyone here be able to recommend a good software package for
    > >website creation?

    > >I am looking for a package that'll do all the html for me and be able

    > Worrying about too much there, why think about the HTML when needing
    > shops / cart. Stick to the major features not the little stuff.
    >
    > >to create shops with shopping carts and such.

    > 'such' return to many hits in a search.
    >
    > >Any recommendations would be greatly received.
    > >Kind Regards,

    > Do it the other way, find a hosting company with a good reputation that
    > offers an all in 1 package, site builder, cart, ssl certificates,
    > support 24x7 via emal and phone etc.
    >
    > Me

    Many thanks for your reply.

    However I was thinking more along the line of a software package. I
    alrwady have hosting sorted.

    Any suggestions for a decent program? Anything at all?

    Kind Regards,
    Dave, May 5, 2007
  6. Dave

    Robb Guest

    Robb, May 5, 2007
  7. Dave

    Leythos Guest

    On Sat, 05 May 2007 01:42:20 -0700, Dave wrote:

    > Would anyone here be able to recommend a good software package for
    > website creation?
    >
    > I am looking for a package that'll do all the html for me and be able
    > to create shops with shopping carts and such.
    >
    > Any recommendations would be greatly received.
    > Kind Regards,

    DreamWeaver

    *** WARNING - this links contains foul/pornographic content of an
    website ***
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/leythos.htm
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/bughunter.htm
    Leythos, May 5, 2007
  8. Dave

    why? Guest

    On 5 May 2007 02:54:09 -0700, Dave wrote:

    >On May 5, 10:22 am, why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:
    >> On 5 May 2007 01:42:20 -0700, Dave wrote:
    >>
    >> You need more than just the website stuff, Google posting and an
    >> unmunged email addy.
    >>
    >> >Would anyone here be able to recommend a good software package for
    >> >website creation?

    Ummm. site creation plus the shopping cart options.

    >> >I am looking for a package that'll do all the html for me and be able

    <snip>

    >> Do it the other way, find a hosting company with a good reputation that
    >> offers an all in 1 package, site builder, cart, ssl certificates,
    >> support 24x7 via emal and phone etc.
    >>
    >> Me

    >Many thanks for your reply.
    >
    >However I was thinking more along the line of a software package. I
    >alrwady have hosting sorted.

    Facts always do appear later.

    >Any suggestions for a decent program? Anything at all?

    A few but, already covered in Robb's last post. Consider scale and what
    system your hosting platform is.

    You would still be better off adding features to your hosting package or
    even as commented earlier move.

    Trying to get all the components integrated is maybe something you don't
    want to be doing,

    Another fact that appears to be missing or not,
    platform OS, scripting / tools availabe on current hosting plan.

    No point searching for something you couldnt use.

    Best bet for now, www.google.com make ou a short list of packages, in
    the search rememeber to include the OS your are using.

    From the shortlist, www.google.com and add the word

    review <name of the package>

    to the search.

    Some names like
    actinic , osCommerce, Fortune3

    Tried a search
    review shopping cart ecommerce

    See, even starting for review sites has a lot of beginners info

    Shopping Cart Software Review 2007
    Top Ten E-Commerce Mistakes. BOOKS. Shopping Cart Software Review Books.
    NEWS. November 30, 2006 Security Costs E-Commerce $2 Billion in '06 ...
    http://shopping-cart-review.toptenreviews.com/ - 71k - Cached - Similar
    pages
    ECommerce-Guide to News, Reviews and Technology Solutions
    ECommerce-Guide provides ecommerce business owners with e-commerce news,
    .... Shopping Cart Software Solutions to close, process and track your
    online sales. ...
    www.ecommerce-guide.com/ - 69k - 4 May 2007 - Cached - Similar pages
    Best shopping cart software and ecommerce solutions reviews
    Shopping cart software reviews, the best ecommerce solutions. Increase
    online sales with these e-commerce packages. Includes free, remotely &
    locally hosted ...
    www.tamingthebeast.net/tools/best-shopping-carts.htm - 55k - Cached -
    Similar pages

    Hey maybe some mailing lists / newsgroups can be found.

    >Kind Regards,

    Me
    why?, May 5, 2007
  9. Dave

    Robb Guest

    why? wrote:
    >Another fact that appears to be missing or not,
    >platform OS, scripting / tools availabe on current hosting plan.
    >No point searching for something you couldnt use.

    Some information he could have mentioned is "what's for sale?"
    what is the source for the products, how much of it has he got?
    ESD is different from online "forums", "access sites", "content" downloads,
    "hard" products, ect.

    >Best bet for now, www.google.com make ou a short list of packages, in
    >the search rememeber to include the OS your are using.
    >
    >From the shortlist, www.google.com and add the word
    >
    >review <name of the package>
    >
    >to the search.
    >
    >Some names like
    >actinic , osCommerce, Fortune3

    Good search tip. I looked around and grabbed this to futz with,
    http://www.phpwebcommerce.com/

    The site has an online tut on making a php site. The download installs and
    works in about 15 seconds, though. It's not for a production site without
    additional programming.

    >Tried a search
    >review shopping cart ecommerce
    >
    >See, even starting for review sites has a lot of beginners info

    If he hits SEO /crap/ it's liable to make him nutz.

    --
    Robb
    Robb, May 5, 2007
  10. Dave

    Dave Guest

    On May 5, 11:01 am, Robb <> wrote:
    > Dave wrote:
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    > >Any suggestions for a decent program? Anything at all?

    > Dive in, 1 - 10 of about 62,000,000 for free shopping cart.http://www.google.com/search?q=free shopping cart&hl=en&safe=off
    >
    > Grab three and try 'em out, delete as desired.
    >
    > --
    > Robb

    Ok, thanks but would anyone be able recomend any?

    Thanks anyways Robb
    Dave, May 6, 2007