Webserver behind Cisco 4500 Router

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by derSchweiz, Mar 12, 2006.

  1. derSchweiz

    derSchweiz Guest

    Hi,

    I setup my Cisco 4500 Router to do a NAT and use the command

    ip nat inside source static tcp 10.10.10.10 80 interface Ethernet0 80

    to forward to my webserver. Users out on the internet can access it just
    fine, but when I am inside my network I cannot access the webserver by my
    DNS address, only 10.10.10.10. Setting up DNS is not an option since this
    will be a big impact on our active directory network. Is there any command
    that i can type to allow users to type in the external address (url) of the
    website and have it translate?

    I tried the alias 10.10.10.10 externalip 255.255.255.255 and it did not
    recognize it..

    any thoughts?

    Thanks

    derSchweiz, Mar 12, 2006

  2. derSchweiz

    madmax Guest

    So,

    Your internal AD DNS namespace is the same as your external web site
    dns name? Not sure if that is what you meant by that. IE internal
    name is example.com and external name is www.example.com. Just wanted
    to clarify.

    madmax, Mar 12, 2006

  3. derSchweiz

    derSchweiz Guest

    No, this website im trying to get to work is totally separate from my AD
    Name space. Say my AD Name is contoso.com, and the web server on the AD
    network is web.contoso.com, but the dns used on the internet to access this
    server is www.nwtraders.com. They are also behind an ISA server after the
    Cisco 4500 and using DNS will mean adding another forward lookup and making
    things very messy. Any way to configre the router so internal workstations
    can type in www.nwtraders.com (translate to the external interface of the
    4500 router). I did this with a SOHO Linksys router before, if it could work
    with that, im pretty sure the IOS is capable of doing this..

    Thanks again

    derSchweiz, Mar 12, 2006
  4. derSchweiz

    Merv Guest

    TRY

    ip nat inside source static tcp $INTERNAL_IP $INTERNAL_PORT
    $EXTERNAL_IP $EXTERNAL_PORT extendable

    Merv, Mar 12, 2006
  5. derSchweiz

    derSchweiz Guest

    that didnt work, any other ideas?

    derSchweiz, Mar 13, 2006
  6. derSchweiz

    Piro

    Joined:
    Feb 7, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    webserver redirects

    I have the same issue with a single webserver using name based virtual servers. I am running a cisco 871w. My idea wich i havent tried yet is to set up a redirect to bounce the request off an outside source so when it comes back in it will be redircted but im not sure how to do this. I think in order it to work the packets have to go out the wan connection then come back in so that it catches the nat statements for the outside to inside interface. If you come up with anything pleasse post on the subject as editing my websites doesnt do so good when i cant veiw them from my workstation.

    Piro, Feb 7, 2008