Webroot AntiSpyware Versus Kaspersky

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Heidi Manway, Jan 24, 2007.

  1. Heidi Manway

    Heidi Manway Guest

    Webroot AntiSpyware Versus Kaspersky

    I am have 2 Pcs to protect both have current Norton 2007 "Bloatware"
    ineffective

    I will need to uninstall Norton on both PCs
    I am thinking of buying either Kaspersky http://www.kaspersky.com/kis6
    it costs 80-00 Usdollars which is expensive I think its only for 1
    download license.

    The other Option Is www.webroot.com

    http://www.webroot.com/consumer/products/spysweeperwithantivirus/features.html

    There is No Firewall BUT there is a 3 user license for $39-95 seems
    like great value and 30 day money back gaurantee too.

    For Webroots Firewall I think 1 Pc license only for $29-95 Usdollars

    http://www.webroot.com/consumer/products/desktopfirewall/?id=HOME-BOTTOM-df

    Which product is the best value for money quality and performance wise?
    This Products Offer Real Time Scanning Unlike the Freeware Antispyware
    available.

    Heidi

    Heidi Manway, Jan 24, 2007

  2. Heidi Manway

    Mathew Good Guest

    On 24 Jan 2007 02:41:45 -0800, "Heidi Manway" <> wrote:

    >Webroot AntiSpyware Versus Kaspersky
    >
    >I am have 2 Pcs to protect both have current Norton 2007 "Bloatware"
    >ineffective
    >
    >I will need to uninstall Norton on both PCs
    >I am thinking of buying either Kaspersky http://www.kaspersky.com/kis6
    >it costs 80-00 Usdollars which is expensive I think its only for 1
    >download license.
    >
    >The other Option Is www.webroot.com
    >
    >http://www.webroot.com/consumer/products/spysweeperwithantivirus/features.html
    >
    >There is No Firewall BUT there is a 3 user license for $39-95 seems
    >like great value and 30 day money back gaurantee too.
    >
    >For Webroots Firewall I think 1 Pc license only for $29-95 Usdollars
    >
    >http://www.webroot.com/consumer/products/desktopfirewall/?id=HOME-BOTTOM-df
    >
    >Which product is the best value for money quality and performance wise?
    >This Products Offer Real Time Scanning Unlike the Freeware Antispyware
    >available.
    >

    >Heidi

    Kaspersky is the Number one and is rated the Best their is, but from memory you have to Pay each
    year to enable the licence for the updates.

    I did not even know that Webroot even made a Virus program, so to me would be at the bottom of the
    list.

    You can try the Beta versions of KAV & KIS for 3 Months, can you try the Webroot AntiSpyware, but I
    will have to agree with you that $80us is way to high for a Virus program..

    What did Notons cost you..?

    Why not try the Free AVG..?

    Mathew Good, Jan 24, 2007

  3. Heidi Manway

    Mathew Good Guest

    On 24 Jan 2007 02:41:45 -0800, "Heidi Manway" <> wrote:

    >Webroot AntiSpyware Versus Kaspersky
    >
    >I am have 2 Pcs to protect both have current Norton 2007 "Bloatware"
    >ineffective
    >
    >I will need to uninstall Norton on both PCs
    >I am thinking of buying either Kaspersky http://www.kaspersky.com/kis6
    >it costs 80-00 Usdollars which is expensive I think its only for 1
    >download license.

    Its $60us for One Year..

    Mathew Good, Jan 24, 2007
  4. On a pleasant day while strolling in nz.comp, a person by the name of
    Heidi Manway exclaimed:
    > Webroot AntiSpyware Versus Kaspersky
    >
    > I am have 2 Pcs to protect both have current Norton 2007 "Bloatware"
    > ineffective
    >
    > I will need to uninstall Norton on both PCs
    > I am thinking of buying either Kaspersky http://www.kaspersky.com/kis6
    > it costs 80-00 Usdollars which is expensive I think its only for 1
    > download license.

    I think Kaspersky is considered quite good. Webroot sounds unfamiliar
    .... I suggest Nod32 because it is light and efficient.

    --
    aaronl at consultant dot com
    For every expert, there is an equal and

    Aaron Lawrence, Jan 24, 2007
  5. Heidi Manway

    RayC Guest

    Just installed Kaspersky Internet security 2007 on a friends
    desktop computer.

    I was so impressed I will give up Norton internet security 2006
    and buy the above when the time comes.

    Kaspersky does everything and then more so.

    Webroot spysweeper is the biggest CPU hog I have ever known.

    From memory the 3 licence kaspersky was $120. You sell
    the other two licences to recoup some costs!!!!!!!!!!!

    RayC, Jan 28, 2007
  6. Heidi Manway

    Mathew Good Guest

    On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 17:10:58 +1300, "RayC" <> wrote:

    >Just installed Kaspersky Internet security 2007 on a friends
    >desktop computer.
    >
    >I was so impressed I will give up Norton internet security 2006
    >and buy the above when the time comes.
    >
    >Kaspersky does everything and then more so.
    >
    >Webroot spysweeper is the biggest CPU hog I have ever known.
    >
    >From memory the 3 licence kaspersky was $120. You sell
    >the other two licences to recoup some costs!!!!!!!!!!!

    Plus the Yearly update FREE..

    Mathew Good, Jan 28, 2007
  7. Heidi Manway

    Domirankine

    Joined:
    Mar 21, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Just get Avira or Avast both are free and just as good as, if not better than alot of the ones you pay for.

    You really really dont need to pay for an antivirus program.

    Gamefly

    Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
    Domirankine, Mar 21, 2011