    Is there a fix.

    Mozilla 1.6 <http://www.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla1.6>

    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.6) Gecko/20040113

    bbnn, Jan 2, 2005

  2. Salut à toi *bbnn*, tu nous disais ce dimanche 02/01/2005 dans
    <news:> vers 20:05:15 ce qui suit :

    > Certain webpages I visit have this problem.
    > When I click on a droop down menu the words
    > are hard to read because they are all mixed in with
    > the image at that location on the webpage.
    > IE doesn't seem to do it on the same webpage but
    > I hate the idea of having to use IE.
    > Is there a fix.
    >

    > Mozilla 1.6 <http://www.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla1.6>
    >
    > Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.6) Gecko/20040113

    There is no fix .... these sites are made by bad programmers ! IE
    accepts everything. Try to send a mail to the site webmaster to tell
    him ... to be better with his work !

    --
    L'erreur est de croire qu'on est seul devant ses problèmes !
    Utilisez Firefox - Thunderbird - MesNews ... si ils vous conviennent

    Michel Doucet, Jan 2, 2005

  3. >> Certain webpages I visit have this problem.
    >> When I click on a droop down menu the words
    >> are hard to read because they are all mixed in with
    >> the image at that location on the webpage.
    >> IE doesn't seem to do it on the same webpage but
    >> I hate the idea of having to use IE.
    >> Is there a fix.
    >>

    >> Mozilla 1.6 <http://www.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla1.6>
    >>
    >> Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.6) Gecko/20040113

    > There is no fix .... these sites are made by bad programmers ! IE accepts
    > everything. Try to send a mail to the site webmaster to tell him ... to be
    > better with his work !

    Indeed. I discovered the same problem with some early javascript code that
    I wrote / hacked together. It didn't adhere to the W3C DOM (Document Object
    Model) and since I was using IE at the time -- which accepts almost anything
    that is thrown at it -- I didn't notice that Mozilla / Netscape didn't like
    it. Once I shifted to Firefox I noticed straightaway. It took me all of 10
    minutes to root around the old code and fix it. It's all worthwhile... web
    standards are there for a reason, after all!

    Gareth J M Saunders
    Edinburgh UK

    Gareth J M Saunders, Jan 4, 2005