  1. Can anyone please recommend a good software package for designing and
    writing webpages, to enable you to build your own homepage?

    Thank.
    Representative Trantis, Feb 11, 2004

  2. Representative Trantis

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "Representative Trantis" <> wrote in news:c0e10g$kb2$1
    @newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk:

    > Can anyone please recommend a good software package for designing and
    > writing webpages, to enable you to build your own homepage?

    notepad.exe

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)
    DeMoN LaG, Feb 11, 2004

  3. Representative Trantis

    Pepperoni Guest

    You have Front Page Express with your Operating software. (it may not be
    installed) It does not have the full functionality of Front Page, but it
    can be used (with some effort) for writing pages. There are probably
    numerous free web authoring programs, and others will likely recommend them.
    I use Front Page 2000 exclusively, and can't recommend others. Front Page
    full version is a retail program with more functionality than Front Page
    Express.

    Two things you will need are web space (your isp probably has space
    available for your use; you may need to sign up for this <don't forget to
    make a note of the web address>) and a FTP Utility (file transfer
    protocol). Your ISP may have a web based system for uploading files, or you
    can use WS_FTP LE from ipswitch. Free download at:
    http://www.ipswitch.com/downloads/index.html (last entry at bottom of the
    page) KEEP YOUR WEB ACCOUNT PASSWORD TO YOURSELF (web site FTP
    password) ---- do not allow anyone to have this, as they COULD trash your
    site.

    Most ISPs have tutorials for writing and uploading pages, and there are many
    online, including specific tutorials for Front Page and WS_FTP.

    Think about what you want on your pages. Pictures in JPEG format and music
    in MIDI format are easiest to use. (Music is somewhat difficult lately
    because of copyright issues, but that's a whole chapter in itself)

    Lots of people (including myself) will be willing to help you with a few
    pages, but the point *IS* to learn the process yourself, so you can write
    your own. It is not difficult, but proper procedures and good work habits
    make the pages work.

    Good luck

    Pepperoni
    http://thuxton.home.comcast.net/fireworks.htm
    http://home.comcast.net/~thuxton/index.htm

    Pepperoni, Feb 11, 2004
  4. Representative Trantis

    Rob-J Guest

    The easies I have used is netobjects fusion. You can download a free tiral
    version from their site:
    www.netobjects.com

    Rob-J, Feb 11, 2004
  5. Representative Trantis

    Joe Guest

    I have used Netobjects Fusion. Here is a link to a website I built for my
    dads tractor business.

    http://www.bamatractorman.com

    This site was done completely in fusion with photo editing in Photoshop. I
    think it made a decent basic site. The program is very automated and pretty
    easy to learn. It is probably not the choice if you know HTML and need to
    build professionally but for a home user it works pretty well and has a
    minimal learning curve.

    Joe

    Joe, Feb 12, 2004