    enough ,basically what I want is the table of results automatically
    updating rather like the BBC Sports panel in the index of the site does now
    tia
    D@Z, Feb 13, 2006

  2. D@Z

    Tony Guest

    "D@Z" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have a website for my local rugby team www.bramleyphoenix.co.uk and I
    >would like the league table that is currently on the RFU website to be
    >loaded as a page into my site, the page can be found at
    >http://www.rfu.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/res.LeagueTable/PoolID/29/Season/2005
    > What I was wondering is can I set my page so that it loads just the table
    > of results and that it changes as the table is updated by the RFU?without
    > having to copy and paste the table everytime it changes?I hope this is
    > clear enough ,basically what I want is the table of results automatically
    > updating rather like the BBC Sports panel in the index of the site does
    > now
    > tia

    Basically, no. The web page is probably dynamically produced and the end
    product is a complete page, you cannot 'extract' individual parts of the
    page.

    You also shouldn't take content of another website without asking the
    website owners permission. If you could link to it, they would not be very
    pleased if you done so without their permission.

    The only way you can do it is by contacting the website owner and asking if
    they can set up something like an RSS feed.
    Tony, Feb 14, 2006

  3. D@Z

    Rich Wilson Guest

    "Tony" <> wrote in message

    > "D@Z" <> wrote in message
    >>I have a website for my local rugby team www.bramleyphoenix.co.uk and I
    >>would like the league table that is currently on the RFU website to be
    >>loaded as a page into my site, the page can be found at
    >>http://www.rfu.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/res.LeagueTable/PoolID/29/Season/2005
    >> What I was wondering is can I set my page so that it loads just the table
    >> of results and that it changes as the table is updated by the RFU?without
    >> having to copy and paste the table everytime it changes?I hope this is
    >> clear enough ,basically what I want is the table of results
    >> automatically updating rather like the BBC Sports panel in the index of
    >> the site does now
    >> tia

    > Basically, no. The web page is probably dynamically produced and the end
    > product is a complete page, you cannot 'extract' individual parts of the
    > page.
    >
    > You also shouldn't take content of another website without asking the
    > website owners permission.

    Exactly. You could, however, put that (complete) page in a frame on your
    site.
    Rich Wilson, Feb 14, 2006
  4. D@Z

    D@Z Guest

    I dont use frames,my website is based on a template with an editable region
    which is where all the info goes,I dont think I can select a source for that
    region

    D@Z, Feb 14, 2006
  5. D@Z

    Rich Wilson Guest

    "D@Z" <> wrote in message
    > "Rich Wilson" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Tony" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "D@Z" <> wrote in message
    >>> Basically, no. The web page is probably dynamically produced and the
    >>> end product is a complete page, you cannot 'extract' individual parts of
    >>> the page.
    >>>
    >>> You also shouldn't take content of another website without asking the
    >>> website owners permission.

    >> Exactly. You could, however, put that (complete) page in a frame on your
    >> site.

    > I dont use frames,my website is based on a template with an editable
    > region which is where all the info goes,I dont think I can select a source
    > for that region

    Couldn't you use an IFRAME?
    Rich Wilson, Feb 14, 2006
  6. Rich Wilson wrote:

    > "D@Z" <> wrote in message
    >> "Rich Wilson" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Tony" <> wrote in message

    >>> Exactly. You could, however, put that (complete) page in a frame on your
    >>> site.

    >> I dont use frames,my website is based on a template with an editable
    >> region which is where all the info goes,I dont think I can select a source
    >> for that region

    > Couldn't you use an IFRAME?

    Still not ethical. Besides, the other site will still be charged for the
    bandwidth (assuming anyone visits the framing site).

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Feb 14, 2006
  7. On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 23:32:13 +0000, D@Z wrote:

    > I have a website for my local rugby team www.bramleyphoenix.co.uk and I
    > would like the league table that is currently on the RFU website to be
    > loaded as a page into my site, the page can be found at
    > http://www.rfu.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/res.LeagueTable/PoolID/29/Season/2005
    > What I was wondering is can I set my page so that it loads just the table of

    Perhaps while you're discussing rights to that table with the rightful
    owners, they can give you some advice on how to make it happen.

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Feb 14, 2006
  8. On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 23:32:13 +0000, D@Z wrote:

    > I have a website for my local rugby team www.bramleyphoenix.co.uk and I
    > would like the league table that is currently on the RFU website to be

    I think you could get some really, really good advice on
    alt.www.webmaster. Check in there, eh?

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 14, 2006