    next day.
    I have read the FAQs but what have I missed?.
    grumpy

    grumpyoldhori, May 26, 2006

  2. grumpyoldhori

    -=rjh=- Guest

    grumpyoldhori wrote:
    > Could one of you linux gurus give me a touch of advice.
    > I have installed webmin,and clicked it to start on boot,
    > but when I go to http://localhost:10000/ I get the message that
    > firefox is unable to connect.
    > Whoops,this is after I have had webmin running and then boot
    > next day.
    > I have read the FAQs but what have I missed?.
    > grumpy

    Have you checked that Webmin is running, other than being unable to
    connect by browser? Can you connect to it from systems other than the
    one it is installed on?

    Once you have it up and running, you really should install a modern
    theme like http://www.stress-free.co.nz/content/view/141/2/ for Webmin,
    it makes it a lot more usable - drop down menus, etc.

    -=rjh=-, May 26, 2006

  3. grumpyoldhori

    Enkidu Guest

    grumpyoldhori wrote:
    > Could one of you linux gurus give me a touch of advice.
    > I have installed webmin,and clicked it to start on boot,
    > but when I go to http://localhost:10000/ I get the message that
    > firefox is unable to connect.
    > Whoops,this is after I have had webmin running and then boot
    > next day.
    > I have read the FAQs but what have I missed?.
    > grumpy

    Try

    https://localhost:10000

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, May 26, 2006
  4. grumpyoldhori

    Fran Guest

    grumpyoldhori wrote:

    > Could one of you linux gurus give me a touch of advice.
    > I have installed webmin,and clicked it to start on boot,
    > but when I go to http://localhost:10000/ I get the message that
    > firefox is unable to connect.
    > Whoops,this is after I have had webmin running and then boot
    > next day.
    > I have read the FAQs but what have I missed?.
    > grumpy

    Sounds like webmin isn't running on boot.

    I've got...

    /etc/webmin/start 1> /dev/null 2> /dev/null &

    In my /etc/rc.d/rc.local file.

    Fran
    :):):)

    Fran, May 26, 2006
  5. grumpyoldhori

    Steve Guest

    On Fri, 26 May 2006 20:10:48 +1200, Fran wrote:

    > grumpyoldhori wrote:
    >

    >> Could one of you linux gurus give me a touch of advice.
    >> I have installed webmin,and clicked it to start on boot,
    >> but when I go to http://localhost:10000/ I get the message that
    >> firefox is unable to connect.
    >> Whoops,this is after I have had webmin running and then boot
    >> next day.
    >> I have read the FAQs but what have I missed?.
    >> grumpy

    > Sounds like webmin isn't running on boot.
    >
    > I've got...
    >
    > /etc/webmin/start 1> /dev/null 2> /dev/null &etc/webmin/start 1>
    > /dev/null 2> /dev/null &
    >
    > In my /etc/rc.d/rc.local file.
    >
    > Fran
    > :):):)

    .... try /etc/webmin/start > /dev/null 2>&1 & and make it a bit tidier??

    Steve, May 26, 2006
  6. grumpyoldhori

    Fran Guest

    Steve wrote:

    > On Fri, 26 May 2006 20:10:48 +1200, Fran wrote:
    >
    >> grumpyoldhori wrote:
    >>

    >>> Could one of you linux gurus give me a touch of advice.
    >>> I have installed webmin,and clicked it to start on boot,
    >>> but when I go to http://localhost:10000/ I get the message that
    >>> firefox is unable to connect.
    >>> Whoops,this is after I have had webmin running and then boot
    >>> next day.
    >>> I have read the FAQs but what have I missed?.
    >>> grumpy

    >> Sounds like webmin isn't running on boot.
    >>
    >> I've got...
    >>
    >> /etc/webmin/start 1> /dev/null 2> /dev/null &
    >>
    >> In my /etc/rc.d/rc.local file.
    >>
    >> Fran
    >> :):):)

    > ... try /etc/webmin/start > /dev/null 2>&1 & and make it a bit tidier??

    Hey cool!
    Saves a byte _and_ a cycle :)

    I think my one was from webmin itself.
    (and I like it as I can actually see the flow)

    Fran
    :):):)

    Fran, May 26, 2006
  7. grumpyoldhori