    straight through to my 'deleted items' box. Each time it is the same virus,
    but a different file name. Information.zip, kbyn.zip and Instructions.zip,
    all of which mean nothing to me. Have pasted message below:

    Pat, Jun 2, 2005

  2. Pat

    Duane ;-\) Guest

    "Pat" <> wrote in message
    news:d7mecl$egi$...
    > Has anyone else received any emails from webmaster. I have received 3 over
    > the last few days, all of which came with a virus attachment,
    > (l-worm/mytob.FR) which was automatically sent to my virus vault. I never
    > open suspicious attachments anyway, but does anyone know if or how I can
    > stop these from coming. I have 'blocked sender' but they just keep going
    > straight through to my 'deleted items' box. Each time it is the same
    > virus, but a different file name. Information.zip, kbyn.zip and
    > Instructions.zip, all of which mean nothing to me. Have pasted message
    > below:

    You cannot stop it from setting there and waiting for you at you ISP's POP3
    server. However, you can stop the email from even coming to your machine to
    the Delete folder, if you configure OE not to do it.

    You go to OE Tools/Option/General Tab/Send and Receive Messages.

    1) Uncheck send receive emails at start up.
    2) Uncheck send receive emails on a time basis.

    Send Tab

    1) Uncheck send emails immediately.

    That there gives you the control as to when emails are pulled or send from
    OE and OE is not doing it automatically.

    You can install Mailwasher (full trialware version) use Google to find it.

    You can remove all OE short-cuts or move them out of the way and replace the
    with MW short-cuts.

    You can start MW to get a list of the emails setting at the POP3 server and
    MW has virus protection and will detect it at the ISP's POP3 server and you
    can delete the email there or view other mails at the POP3 server and delete
    them too.

    You can start OE through MW and then you use the Send/Recv button to Send
    emails from the Outbox and pull emails to the Inbox to/from the ISP's POP3
    server.

    When composing an email and sending it, you use the Send button and then you
    must use the Send/Recv button to send it from the Outbox.

    You take control as to when emails are sent and received to/from your
    machine.

    Duane :)

    Duane ;-\), Jun 2, 2005

  3. Pat

    Avenger© Guest

    On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 09:01:24 +0100, "Pat" <>
    wrote:

    >Has anyone else received any emails from webmaster. I have received 3 over
    >the last few days, all of which came with a virus attachment,
    >(l-worm/mytob.FR) which was automatically sent to my virus vault. I never
    >open suspicious attachments anyway, but does anyone know if or how I can
    >stop these from coming. I have 'blocked sender' but they just keep going
    >straight through to my 'deleted items' box. Each time it is the same virus,
    >but a different file name. Information.zip, kbyn.zip and Instructions.zip,
    >all of which mean nothing to me. Have pasted message below:

    FFS, just keep your anti virus software up to date, don't open
    suspicious attachments or those you are not expecting and forget about
    it, just get on with life!!!

    Most viruses come from spoofed return addresses anyway so tracing the
    sender is near on impossible.

    --
    Avenger©
    I *HATE* Spam