    This is for a school situation... didn't see any webmarshal newsgroups,
    nz.comp has much friendlier responses :)

    Matt
    Matthew Strickland, Jul 15, 2003

  2. Matthew Strickland

    Matt B Guest

    In news:XBMQa.4941$,
    Matthew Strickland <> wrote:
    > Just need an answer from any webmarshal admins or using webmarshal,

    I'm neither, but have been looking at implementing it (they have a pretty
    good deal until the end of July whereby you can pick up WM for circa 2K and
    MM for half price, or vice versa)

    > Can it block internal access to the net depending on IP range or MAC
    > Address?... If so can it use a webpage logon (by a user with the
    > correct membership on 2k domain) to enable and disable access to
    > these groups?

    IIRC not by MAC but IP yes. IP ranges can be set up like groups, or specific
    IP's like users (which can be imported from AD).

    Control/config is via MMC, so while not by browser interface the answer to
    the second part is "yes"

    > I currently do exactly this with Linux, but if webmarshal can do this
    > including all its filtering and reporting its better than running two
    > servers...

    You still would be - WM requires W2K Server - & I ain't allowed another :(

    > This is for a school situation... didn't see any webmarshal
    > newsgroups, nz.comp has much friendlier responses :)
    >
    > Matt

    I'd be very interested in your Linux setup, as it doesn't look like the
    purse strings are gonna be released for for another W2K box + WM for me (I
    believe we're "local"...)

    --
    Regards,

    Matt B
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people.
    Those who get binary...
    And those who don't.
    Matt B, Jul 15, 2003

  3. Matthew Strickland

    jaimin Guest

    Browse control may be quite useful for this..you can view details at:
    http://www.codework.com/bcontrol/product.html

    Cheers
    Divyesh

    jaimin, Jul 21, 2003