    As I'm considering switching to webmail, could anybody kindly give me
    some pointers as to the pros and cons of, say, Google Mail?

    Many thanks.
    Walney, Apr 20, 2007

  2. Walney

    Gordon Guest

    Walney wrote:

    > I am having problems with my incoming mail on Outlook Express.
    > Several of my emails have been arriving up to 13.5 hours after they
    > have been sent.
    >
    > As I'm considering switching to webmail, could anybody kindly give me
    > some pointers as to the pros and cons of, say, Google Mail?
    >
    > Many thanks.

    You can use Outlook Express to send and receive Googlemail.....it's
    independent of any ISP so should you decide to change ISP you don't have to
    worry about changing your email address. Yahoo UK is the same. The only
    differences between Yahoo UK and Googlemail are a) Googlemail gives you
    nearly 3GB of mail storage, whereas Yahoo UK only gives you 1GB b) Yahoo UK
    lets you download to more than one pc by leaving a copy on the server,
    Googlemail does not.

    HTH
    Gordon, Apr 20, 2007

  3. "Walney" <> wrote in message
    >I am having problems with my incoming mail on Outlook Express.
    > Several of my emails have been arriving up to 13.5 hours after they
    > have been sent.
    >
    > As I'm considering switching to webmail, could anybody kindly give me
    > some pointers as to the pros and cons of, say, Google Mail?
    >
    > Many thanks.

    Unless you have OE set up to only check your email every 13.5 hours, the
    problem is likely with the mail server of your ISP or wherever you get your
    email from.

    Doc
    J. H. Holliday, Apr 20, 2007
  4. Walney

    Walney Guest

    On 20 Apr, 17:04, Gordon <> wrote:
    > Walney wrote:
    > > I am having problems with my incoming mail on Outlook Express.
    > > Several of my emails have been arriving up to 13.5 hours after they
    > > have been sent.

    > > As I'm considering switching to webmail, could anybody kindly give me
    > > some pointers as to the pros and cons of, say, Google Mail?

    > > Many thanks.

    > You can use Outlook Express to send and receive Googlemail.....it's
    > independent of any ISP so should you decide to change ISP you don't have to
    > worry about changing your email address. Yahoo UK is the same. The only
    > differences between Yahoo UK and Googlemail are a) Googlemail gives you
    > nearly 3GB of mail storage, whereas Yahoo UK only gives you 1GB b) Yahoo UK
    > lets you download to more than one pc by leaving a copy on the server,
    > Googlemail does not.
    >
    > HTH

    Thanks very much for the useful information Gordon. Googlemail sounds
    very promising. Would you be surprised to hear that my ISP is
    TalkTalk?

    John
    Walney, Apr 20, 2007
  5. Walney

    Gordon Guest

    Walney wrote:

    > On 20 Apr, 17:04, Gordon <> wrote:
    >> Walney wrote:
    >> > I am having problems with my incoming mail on Outlook Express.
    >> > Several of my emails have been arriving up to 13.5 hours after they
    >> > have been sent.

    >> > As I'm considering switching to webmail, could anybody kindly give me
    >> > some pointers as to the pros and cons of, say, Google Mail?

    >> > Many thanks.

    >> You can use Outlook Express to send and receive Googlemail.....it's
    >> independent of any ISP so should you decide to change ISP you don't have
    >> to worry about changing your email address. Yahoo UK is the same. The
    >> only differences between Yahoo UK and Googlemail are a) Googlemail gives
    >> you nearly 3GB of mail storage, whereas Yahoo UK only gives you 1GB b)
    >> Yahoo UK lets you download to more than one pc by leaving a copy on the
    >> server, Googlemail does not.
    >>
    >> HTH

    > Thanks very much for the useful information Gordon. Googlemail sounds
    > very promising. Would you be surprised to hear that my ISP is
    > TalkTalk?
    >
    > John

    No, I saw it in your headers....prepare for spam!
    Gordon, Apr 20, 2007
  6. Walney

    pcbutts1 Guest

    OE is not your problem, it's your ISP.

    pcbutts1, Apr 20, 2007
  7. Walney

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 09:44:16 -0700, "pcbutts1"
    <> wrote:

    >OE is not your problem, it's your ISP.

    OE IS a problem.
    Evan Platt, Apr 20, 2007
  8. Walney

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 09:44:16 -0700, "pcbutts1"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>OE is not your problem, it's your ISP.

    > OE IS a problem.

    Well, maybe. But it's not THAT problem <g>
    WhzzKdd, Apr 20, 2007