    but not sure about webamil.

    Thanks.

    ---

    Bigfred, Jun 6, 2004

  2. Bigfred

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Bigfred wrote:
    > I am currently using my ISP webmail as am finding it a good way to
    > access my mail at work etc, however I do get a lot of spam , is there
    > a spam filter I could use with webmail, I know I can use spam
    > programmes with pop3 accounts but not sure about webamil.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Only if it is a feature provided by the ISP. For example, Earthlink has spam
    block filters, but Charter doesn't.

    Toolman Tim, Jun 6, 2004

  3. Bigfred

    Boomer Guest

    Boomer, Jun 6, 2004
  4. Bigfred

    Bigfred Guest

    Blueyonder Is my ISP

    "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    > "Bigfred" <> wrote:
    >
    > > I am currently using my ISP webmail as am finding it a good way
    > > to access my mail at work etc, however I do get a lot of spam ,
    > > is there a spam filter I could use with webmail, I know I can
    > > use spam programmes with pop3 accounts but not sure about
    > > webamil.
    > >
    > > Thanks.

    > [snip broken, un-necessary sig]
    >
    > Is this your ISP?
    >
    > http://www.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyonder/index.jsp
    >
    > http://www.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyonder/getContent.jspx?page=serv_secu
    > rity

    ---

    Bigfred, Jun 6, 2004
  5. Bigfred

    Dominic Guest

    "Bigfred" <> wrote in message
    > "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    > > "Bigfred" <> wrote:
    > >
    > > > I am currently using my ISP webmail as am finding it a good way
    > > > to access my mail at work etc, however I do get a lot of spam ,
    > > > is there a spam filter I could use with webmail, I know I can
    > > > use spam programmes with pop3 accounts but not sure about
    > > > webamil.
    > > >
    > > > Thanks.

    > > [snip broken, un-necessary sig]
    > >
    > > Is this your ISP?
    > >
    > > http://www.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyonder/index.jsp
    > >
    > > http://www.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyonder/getContent.jspx?page=serv_secu
    > > rity
    > >

    > Blueyonder Is my ISP

    Well take a look at the link you were given - it explains that Blueyonder
    have just introduced anti-virus scanning and basic spam filters on their
    e-mail service.

    Dominic

    Dominic, Jun 6, 2004
  6. Bigfred

    Boomer Guest

    Boomer, Jun 6, 2004
  7. Bigfred

    Scraggy Guest

    Scraggy, Jun 6, 2004
  8. Bigfred

    Dominic Guest

    Dominic, Jun 6, 2004
  9. Bigfred

    Boomer Guest

    "Scraggy" <> wrote:

    > Boomer wrote:
    >> "Bigfred" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Blueyonder Is my ISP

    >> [snip]

    >> [snip broken, un-necessary sig]
    >>
    >> Did you follow the links?

    > Second one returns 404 from here Boomer

    Thanks.

    I just noticed the gap in that URL. Odd!

    Lets see if this copies over correctly

    http://www.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyonder/getContent.jspx?page=serv_secu
    rity

    Your shorter link is: http://makeashorterlink.com/?L25D35D78

    Or he/you could click on 'tools' from the first link.

    Boomer, Jun 6, 2004
  10. Bigfred

    Boomer Guest

    "Dominic" <> wrote:

    > Scraggy wrote:
    >> Boomer wrote:

    >>> [snip]

    >>> [snip broken, un-necessary sig]
    >>>
    >>> Did you follow the links?

    >> Second one returns 404 from here Boomer

    > That's because the link is too long and has been wrapped.
    >
    > Try this:
    > http://shorterlink.com/?CEZ2RK
    >
    > Dominic

    There's a gap in the link. See "secu rity". Weird!
    I don't know why it copied over like that.

    Boomer, Jun 6, 2004
  11. Bigfred

    Dominic Guest

    "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    > "Dominic" <> wrote:
    >
    > > Scraggy wrote:

    > >> Second one returns 404 from here Boomer

    > > That's because the link is too long and has been wrapped.
    > >
    > > Try this:
    > > http://shorterlink.com/?CEZ2RK
    > >
    > > Dominic

    > There's a gap in the link. See "secu rity". Weird!
    > I don't know why it copied over like that.

    It's consistent - it did it again.

    Dominic, Jun 6, 2004
  12. Bigfred

    Scraggy Guest

    Boomer wrote:
    > "Scraggy" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Boomer wrote:

    >>> [snip]

    >>> [snip broken, un-necessary sig]
    >>>
    >>> Did you follow the links?

    >> Second one returns 404 from here Boomer

    > Thanks.
    >
    > I just noticed the gap in that URL. Odd!
    >
    > Lets see if this copies over correctly
    >
    > http://www.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyonder/getContent.jspx?page=serv_secu
    > rity
    >
    > Your shorter link is: http://makeashorterlink.com/?L25D35D78
    >
    > Or he/you could click on 'tools' from the first link.

    Ho hum just seen faults
    1. As you pointed out & its still wrapped!
    2.My head firmly wedged where sun don't shine with a small window masking
    1.

    This ends this mea culpa transmission :)

    Scraggy, Jun 6, 2004
  13. Bigfred

    Boomer Guest

    "Dominic" <> wrote:

    > "Boomer" <> wrote in message

    >> > That's because the link is too long and has been wrapped.
    >> >
    >> > Try this:
    >> > http://shorterlink.com/?CEZ2RK
    >> >
    >> > Dominic

    >> There's a gap in the link. See "secu rity". Weird!
    >> I don't know why it copied over like that.

    > It's consistent - it did it again.

    <shrug> I hope Bigfred got the idea anyhow. :)

    Boomer, Jun 6, 2004