    Is anyone having problems with Gmail or other webmail clients? I am
    trying to send an important file but it won't send, sending just hangs.

    Currently using Firefox 1.5.0.7
    Flintstone, Oct 9, 2006

  2. Flintstone

    Guest

    Flintstone wrote:
    > Is anyone having problems with Gmail or other webmail clients? I am
    > trying to send an important file but it won't send, sending just hangs.
    >
    > Currently using Firefox 1.5.0.7

    We have had reports of timeouts on several of our sites, on different
    servers, and I'm beginning to hear similar reports from others too.

    Seems to be any POST request. Most of the problems seem to be with
    people on TelstraClear at the moment, but I don't have enough data to
    confirm that. It isn't happening a lot, but consistently to the people
    it is happening to! Very annoying anyway :)
    , Oct 9, 2006

  3. Flintstone

    Flintstone Guest

    wrote:
    > Flintstone wrote:
    >> Is anyone having problems with Gmail or other webmail clients? I am
    >> trying to send an important file but it won't send, sending just hangs.
    >>
    >> Currently using Firefox 1.5.0.7

    > We have had reports of timeouts on several of our sites, on different
    > servers, and I'm beginning to hear similar reports from others too.
    >
    > Seems to be any POST request. Most of the problems seem to be with
    > people on TelstraClear at the moment, but I don't have enough data to
    > confirm that. It isn't happening a lot, but consistently to the people
    > it is happening to! Very annoying anyway :)

    Sure is, its been doing it since last night.
    Flintstone, Oct 9, 2006
  4. Flintstone

    Earl Grey Guest

    Flintstone wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> Flintstone wrote:
    >>> Is anyone having problems with Gmail or other webmail clients? I am
    >>> trying to send an important file but it won't send, sending just hangs.
    >>>
    >>> Currently using Firefox 1.5.0.7

    >> We have had reports of timeouts on several of our sites, on different
    >> servers, and I'm beginning to hear similar reports from others too.
    >>
    >> Seems to be any POST request. Most of the problems seem to be with
    >> people on TelstraClear at the moment, but I don't have enough data to
    >> confirm that. It isn't happening a lot, but consistently to the people
    >> it is happening to! Very annoying anyway :)
    >>

    > Sure is, its been doing it since last night.

    Telstraclear is sucking ass at the moment
    Timing out on Google, stalling sending email.
    All fucked up again.
    Earl Grey, Oct 9, 2006
  5. Flintstone

    Invisible Guest

    On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 11:44:28 +1300, Earl Grey <> wrote:

    >Telstraclear is sucking ass at the moment
    >Timing out on Google, stalling sending email.
    >All fucked up again.

    Yep, can't get some international pages to load, or upload results to Driver
    Wizard, grrrr. Took several attempts to download from HPs site too.
    Invisible, Oct 10, 2006
  6. Flintstone

    Rob Guest

    wrote:
    > Flintstone wrote:
    >> Is anyone having problems with Gmail or other webmail clients? I am
    >> trying to send an important file but it won't send, sending just hangs.
    >>
    >> Currently using Firefox 1.5.0.7

    > We have had reports of timeouts on several of our sites, on different
    > servers, and I'm beginning to hear similar reports from others too.
    >
    > Seems to be any POST request. Most of the problems seem to be with
    > people on TelstraClear at the moment, but I don't have enough data to
    > confirm that. It isn't happening a lot, but consistently to the people
    > it is happening to! Very annoying anyway :)

    Same here on TC. Timeouts, post data etc. Yet my pings to TC site &
    dns's are good.

    --
    Rob

    Man is the lowest-cost, 150-pound, nonlinear, all-purpose computer
    system which can be mass-produced by unskilled labor. (NASA in 1965)
    Rob, Oct 10, 2006
  7. Flintstone

    Flintstone Guest

    wrote:
    > Flintstone wrote:
    >> Is anyone having problems with Gmail or other webmail clients? I am
    >> trying to send an important file but it won't send, sending just hangs.
    >>
    >> Currently using Firefox 1.5.0.7

    > We have had reports of timeouts on several of our sites, on different
    > servers, and I'm beginning to hear similar reports from others too.
    >
    > Seems to be any POST request. Most of the problems seem to be with
    > people on TelstraClear at the moment, but I don't have enough data to
    > confirm that. It isn't happening a lot, but consistently to the people
    > it is happening to! Very annoying anyway :)

    Working now.
    Flintstone, Oct 10, 2006
  8. Flintstone wrote:
    > Is anyone having problems with Gmail or other webmail clients? I am
    > trying to send an important file but it won't send, sending just hangs.
    >
    > Currently using Firefox 1.5.0.7

    bit of a problem in telstraclear's network, these are traceroutes to their dns
    servers:

    HOST: kawakawa Loss% Snt Last Avg Best Wrst StDev
    1. fe7-4-515-16.bertha.paradise 0.0% 1000 12.2 23.9 9.0 293.8 31.6
    2. 218.101.61.50 0.0% 1000 9.6 22.6 9.3 444.1 32.0
    3. 203.167.209.100 36.7% 1000 9.2 11.7 8.0 37.3 3.4
    4. kirsty.paradise.net.nz 53.7% 1000 25.7 199.4 9.3 7620. 735.4

    HOST: kawakawa Loss% Snt Last Avg Best Wrst StDev
    1. fe7-4-515-16.bertha.paradise 0.0% 1000 14.7 25.5 9.4 285.4 32.9
    2. 218.101.61.50 0.0% 1000 27.8 23.5 9.3 443.8 30.8
    3. 203.167.209.100 61.7% 1000 10.9 11.6 8.0 32.0 3.0
    4. rachel.paradise.net.nz 53.0% 1000 375.1 205.4 8.3 7620. 744.2
    Mark Robinson, Oct 10, 2006
  9. Flintstone

    Invisible Guest

    On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 15:02:03 +1300, Mark Robinson <2tod.net>
    wrote:

    >Flintstone wrote:
    >> Is anyone having problems with Gmail or other webmail clients? I am
    >> trying to send an important file but it won't send, sending just hangs.
    >>
    >> Currently using Firefox 1.5.0.7

    >bit of a problem in telstraclear's network, these are traceroutes to their dns
    >servers:

    They've finally updated the status page, but only the email....

    "TelstraClear Ltd wishes to advise Paradise customers there are inbound mail
    delays on paradise.net presently. An issue has been identified on the network.
    Queues should subside and normal delivery will resume, by tomorrow morning 11th
    October.
    We apologise for this interuption to services."

    Web browsing is still the shits.
    Invisible, Oct 10, 2006
  10. In article <>,
    says...

    > We have had reports of timeouts on several of our sites, on different
    > servers, and I'm beginning to hear similar reports from others too.
    >
    > Seems to be any POST request. Most of the problems seem to be with
    > people on TelstraClear at the moment, but I don't have enough data to
    > confirm that. It isn't happening a lot, but consistently to the people
    > it is happening to! Very annoying anyway :)

    I've no problems picking up - via pop3, haven't tried sending anything.
    I hardly ever use the web interface though.

    -Peter

    Peter Huebner, Oct 10, 2006