    http://www.titahi-bay.co.nz/home
    What we are up to in the UK
    http://www.titahi-bay.co.nz
    John in Surrey, Mar 18, 2006

  2. John in Surrey

    Shane Guest

    John in Surrey wrote:

    > Hi folks
    > I have hosting at freeparking.
    > The webmail interface of sqiirrle mail is crappy compared with most
    > webmail interfaces at most ISP's.
    > Does anyone know of some HTML/ script interface I could use. I have
    > sql and cgi with my hosting account.
    >

    > Images of home (NZ)
    > http://www.titahi-bay.co.nz/home
    > What we are up to in the UK
    > http://www.titahi-bay.co.nz

    Hi John
    I like squirrel mail :p but if you prefer something a little more slick,
    are you in a position to install and configure horde?
    Its a better interface but far more difficult to install/ configure
    http://wiki.horde.org/FAQ/Admin/Prerequisites?referrer=FAQ/Admin#toc4
    What does Horde need to run?

    Horde itself requires the following:

    * A web server, such as Apache
    * PHP.
    o Horde 2.0 requires PHP 4.1.0, or PHP 4.0.6 with a manually
    upgraded PEAR.
    o Horde 2.1 requires PHP 4.1.0 to 4.2.x, with at least 4.1.2
    recommended
    o Horde 2.2 require version 4.1.0 or better, with 4.3.0
    recommended
    o Horde 3.x and the CVS code requires version 4.3.0 or better.
    o PHP 4.2.1 and above have missing modules from PEAR, which must
    be manually installed. See horde/docs/INSTALL for more information.
    o PHP 4.2.3 has some problems with the imap routines, and may
    cause problems. We recommend you not use 4.2.3
    * Horde 2.0 and higher require the PHP extensions gettext and xml.
    * Horde 3.0 and higher require the PHP extensions gettext, xml, and
    domxml (or dom with PHP 5).

    Horde can use the following, although they are not required:

    * A secure, SSL-enabled webserver (such as Apache with mod_ssl)
    * One of the following databases:
    o MySQL
    o PostgreSQL
    o Oracle
    o MS-SQL
    o SQLite
    o Sybase
    o Informix
    o Any database supported by the PEAR DB package
    * An LDAP directory.
    * Even more PHP extensions. See horde/docs/INSTALL for more information.

    It should be noted that while a database is not technically required, it is
    strongly recommended. Development takes place on a systems with databases,
    and the majority of Horde users do the same.
    HTH
    Shane, Mar 18, 2006

  3. John in Surrey

    Stu Fleming Guest

    John in Surrey wrote:
    > Hi folks
    > I have hosting at freeparking.
    > The webmail interface of sqiirrle mail is crappy compared with most
    > webmail interfaces at most ISP's.
    > Does anyone know of some HTML/ script interface I could use. I have
    > sql and cgi with my hosting account.

    Rouncubemail is worth a look.
    http://www.roundcube.net
    Stu Fleming, Mar 19, 2006
  4. On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 10:06:37 +1200, Shane <-a-geek.net>
    wrote:

    >Hi John
    >I like squirrel mail :p but if you prefer something a little more slick,

    Its just the webmail interface is clunky compared with say, IHUG's
    webmail.
    We are often over in europe somewhere - (has anyone tried using a
    french keyboard?)
    So Im just after an interface to sit on top, I dont think freeparking
    are going to allow me to install my own server..

    thanks
    john
    Images of home (NZ)
    John in Surrey, Mar 19, 2006