    Bizarrely, when I clock on a link when reading newsgroups in
    Thunderbird, it's I.E. which starts up, not Firefox. How can I fix this?
    Cheers

    Gingerpose, Apr 26, 2005

  2. I have the same question if I'm using MSN Messenger and click on the
    accompanying Hotmail link, IE opens. Can it be changed?

    ....Lisa

    Lisa Hetherington, Apr 26, 2005

  3. Gingerpose

    Ranjit Guest

    Lisa Hetherington wrote:
    > I have the same question if I'm using MSN Messenger and click on the
    > accompanying Hotmail link, IE opens. Can it be changed?
    >
    > ...Lisa

    Not sure, but I guess MSN explicitly opens IE instead of the *deafult
    browser*. Hence even if you set a non-IE browser as deafault, MSN opens
    all the links in IE.

    > "Gingerpose" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Bizarrely, when I clock on a link when reading newsgroups in Thunderbird,
    >>it's I.E. which starts up, not Firefox. How can I fix this?

    I think this had happened to me once. Here is what I did.
    Open IE and make it as default browser. Close IE.
    Open Firefox again, it will ask to be made default browser (if not set
    it in options).
    Now try clicking the links in the NGs.

    HTH.

    Ranjit, Apr 26, 2005