    limit rated in Gigs, like 10GB 20GB or 100GB

    Could anyone tell me what my monthly bandwith limit would be if I take
    the 2Mbit package?

    Kiko, Feb 25, 2009

  2. Kiko wrote:

    > One webhosting company I am looking for my site has this limits:
    > Plan A Plan B Plan C
    > Monthly Bandwidth 2Mbit 5Mbit 10Mbit ETC
    >
    > I do not understand those figures, I am used to see a monthly bandwith
    > limit rated in Gigs, like 10GB 20GB or 100GB
    >
    > Could anyone tell me what my monthly bandwith limit would be if I
    > take the 2Mbit package?

    Is that limit per month? Or per minute? 2 Megabits would be, say, one
    image file...

    What is the link to this company's web page?

    This does not appear to be a question about computer security.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Feb 25, 2009

  3. Kiko

    Kiko Guest

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty formulated on miércoles :
    > Kiko wrote:
    >
    >> One webhosting company I am looking for my site has this limits:
    >> Plan A Plan B Plan C
    >> Monthly Bandwidth 2Mbit 5Mbit 10Mbit ETC
    >>
    >> I do not understand those figures, I am used to see a monthly bandwith
    >> limit rated in Gigs, like 10GB 20GB or 100GB
    >>
    >> Could anyone tell me what my monthly bandwith limit would be if I
    >> take the 2Mbit package?

    > Is that limit per month? Or per minute? 2 Megabits would be, say, one
    > image file...

    Monthly

    http://vps4less.de/virtual.php

    Kiko, Feb 26, 2009
  4. Kiko wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty formulated on miércoles :
    >> Kiko wrote:
    >>> One webhosting company I am looking for my site has this limits:
    >>> Plan A Plan B Plan C
    >>> Monthly Bandwidth 2Mbit 5Mbit 10Mbit ETC
    >>>
    >>> I do not understand those figures, I am used to see a monthly
    >>> bandwith limit rated in Gigs, like 10GB 20GB or 100GB
    >>>
    >>> Could anyone tell me what my monthly bandwith limit would be if I
    >>> take the 2Mbit package?

    >> Is that limit per month? Or per minute? 2 Megabits would be, say,
    >> one image file...

    > Monthly

    Ok, so what will you do after you, or someone, downloads just one image
    file and your entire monthly bandwidth is used up?

    >> What is the link to this company's web page?

    > http://vps4less.de/virtual.php

    Heh. There is so little at that web site that I wonder if they have a
    business at all. Look at their forum. 7 posts total, and none seem to be
    related to web hosting. I would look elsewhere.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Feb 26, 2009
  5. Kiko

    Kiko Guest

    > This is not a web-hosting service, is is a virtual private server hosting
    > service.

    I know that very well

    >The data you store there is not accessible to the public, all
    > transfers are down a single channel of the specified speed capacity to and
    > from your own computers, via the internet.

    Not really you just dont know how to use a VPS for webhosting

    > Monthly Bandwidth is a misprint and is actually just plain old hardware line
    > speed in Mbit/sec . Read the title bar of the web page - "bandwidth
    > unmetered".

    Ok that solves the question, so it is a misprint.

    > I don't think this is really a query for this newsgroup. Why not ask the
    > operators of this service themselves to elucidate rather than asking us to
    > guess.
    >

    > Tim Jackson

    I would have done so, but since people has replired to this message I
    have no need for it. If you feel a message is not relevant just simply
    ignore it.

    I dont think I will ask more webhosting questions here anyway, you dont
    know that a VPS can be used for hosting and the other guy has mistaken
    speed with storage.

    Dont expect me to reply, I have my problem solved now.

    Kiko, Feb 26, 2009
  6. Kiko

    ~BD~ Guest

    ;-)