    I am in the process of looking for a good & reliable host that isnt to
    expensive - needs php/mysql as standard :)

    Thanks

    *** HAWK, Jan 27, 2004

  2. *** HAWK

    Boomer Guest

    *** HAWK, <> wrote:

    > Can anyone recommend a site that has web host reviews (paid
    > hosts, not free ones)
    >
    > I am in the process of looking for a good & reliable host that
    > isnt to expensive - needs php/mysql as standard :)
    >
    > Thanks

    Did you look through these?
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-
    1&q=compare%2Bweb+hosts.

    Boomer, Jan 27, 2004

  3. Its hard to find an objective webhost review site, since most take money
    from hosts for advertising. That means that if you pay enough, as a host,
    you can probably get a negative review deleted.

    A good place would be webhostingtalk.com (just a bunch of people with
    hosting, giving their unpaid opinion), or various webmaster groups like
    alt.html and alt.www.webmaster

    Good luck!

    --Tina

    --
    http://www.AffordableHOST.com
    20% Discount Code: newsgroup

    Tina - AffordableHOST.com, Jan 28, 2004
  4. *** HAWK

    Richard Guest

    *** HAWK wrote:

    > Can anyone recommend a site that has web host reviews (paid hosts, not
    > free ones)

    > I am in the process of looking for a good & reliable host that isnt to
    > expensive - needs php/mysql as standard :)

    > Thanks

    Don't rely on reviews. Most of those are paid advertising.

    Richard, Jan 28, 2004
  5. *** HAWK

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 01:04:48 -0600, "Richard" <anonymous@127.000>
    scribbled:

    > *** HAWK wrote:
    >
    > > Can anyone recommend a site that has web host reviews (paid hosts, not
    > > free ones)

    > > I am in the process of looking for a good & reliable host that isnt to
    > > expensive - needs php/mysql as standard :)

    > > Thanks

    >Don't rely on reviews. Most of those are paid advertising.

    Don't rely on Bullis for information, he's a fucking moron.

    Riddles II, v3
    - T. Pratchett

    -= Hawk =-, Jan 28, 2004
  6. I can recommend Godaddy. I can also recommend you stay away from
    Lycos/Trellix and that group. For example, with my credit card on file, but
    without any authorization, they renewed my domain for a site I did not plan
    to carry on. Watch outfits like these.

    George Skelton, Feb 3, 2004
  7. *** HAWK

    George Guest

    "George Skelton" <> wrote in message
    > I can recommend Godaddy. I can also recommend you stay away from
    > Lycos/Trellix and that group. For example, with my credit card on file,

    but
    > without any authorization, they renewed my domain for a site I did not

    plan
    > to carry on. Watch outfits like these.

    Godaddy also do this unless you chose the option not to auto renew

    George, Feb 3, 2004
  8. www.godaddy.com is a good one.

    I get 50 megs storage for less than $4.00 a month.
    Server is Linux with MySQL and PHP.

    Poinky Doinker, Sep 16, 2004