    Michael Loke Guest

    Which is faster (or are they the same):
    Page redirection through domain name or web page?

    Michael Loke, Oct 16, 2003

  2. Michael Loke

    Red Ribbon Guest

    domain name redirection is basically redirecting say an url of
    www.domain-one.com to www.domain-two.co.nz

    where as page redirection is to redirect a webpage to another webpage.

    Red Ribbon, Oct 16, 2003

  3. Michael Loke

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <3F8E8674.2060900@127.0.0.1>, michael.loke@127.0.0.1 says...
    > Which is faster (or are they the same):
    > Page redirection through domain name or web page?

    There are different types of redirection:

    1. On the web server, for example .htaccess commands in Apache.
    2. In a script, for example in PHP the header command
    3. As you say in a web page.

    There may be others I have not thought of.

    Anything that is server side, like 1 and 2 above, is going to be faster,
    because the server processes it without the overhead of sending you the
    web page down your connection as occurs in 3.

    Mainlander, Oct 19, 2003