    plugged in to the laptop as though it was plugged in to the other
    machine? (hope this makes some kind of sense)

    Thanks.

    LL2000, Feb 12, 2005

  2. LL2000

    Jinx Guest

    "LL2000" <> wrote in message
    news:2DvPd.48554$...
    > I use Windows XP and RDP on a laptop to access another machine (Win XP
    > again) over a local network. Does anyone know how I can use a USB webcam
    > plugged in to the laptop as though it was plugged in to the other
    > machine? (hope this makes some kind of sense)
    >
    > Thanks.

    you want to access the functions of the webcam that is plugged into your
    laptop via the other machine?

    Jinx, Feb 12, 2005

  3. LL2000

    LL2000 Guest

    Jinx wrote:
    > "LL2000" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I use Windows XP and RDP on a laptop to access another machine (Win XP
    >>again) over a local network. Does anyone know how I can use a USB webcam
    >>plugged in to the laptop as though it was plugged in to the other
    >>machine? (hope this makes some kind of sense)
    >>
    >>Thanks.

    > you want to access the functions of the webcam that is plugged into your
    > laptop via the other machine?

    Yeah thats right. (And use remote desktop to view the desktop of the
    other machine).

    I'm thinking that there must be some software out there which can send
    the stream from a webcam over the network to another machine and have a
    virtual webcam driver on the other machine to pick up the stream, to
    make it appear like its a normal webcam. Or am I living in another world?

    LL2000, Feb 13, 2005
  4. LL2000

    Jinx Guest

    "LL2000" <> wrote in message
    > Jinx wrote:
    > > "LL2000" <> wrote in message

    <snip>
    > >Or am I living in another world?

    no, it is posible. my old college used to use them. they thought we wern't
    trust worthy enough to use them so they set up a program so that they can
    remotely view what ever was on our screens. that same program also alowed
    them to take control of the computer, turn them on/off, and more feutures.

    Jinx, Feb 13, 2005
  5. LL2000

    LL2000 Guest

    Jinx wrote:
    > "LL2000" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Jinx wrote:
    >>
    >>>"LL2000" <> wrote in message
    >>>

    > <snip>
    >
    >>>Or am I living in another world?

    > no, it is posible. my old college used to use them. they thought we wern't
    > trust worthy enough to use them so they set up a program so that they can
    > remotely view what ever was on our screens. that same program also alowed
    > them to take control of the computer, turn them on/off, and more feutures.

    so you saying its actually a special webcam rather than special software?

    LL2000, Feb 14, 2005
  6. LL2000

    jinx Guest

    "LL2000" <> wrote in message
    > Jinx wrote:
    > > "LL2000" <> wrote in message

    > > <snip>

    > > no, it is posible. my old college used to use them. they thought we

    wern't
    > > trust worthy enough to use them so they set up a program so that they

    can
    > > remotely view what ever was on our screens. that same program also

    alowed
    > > them to take control of the computer, turn them on/off, and more

    feutures.

    > so you saying its actually a special webcam rather than special software?

    no, it was teh software that was doing the work here. you can control the
    webcam controls through the software itself.

    jinx, Feb 16, 2005