webcam

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Pepperoni, Jul 14, 2004.

  1. Pepperoni

    Pepperoni Guest

    How about telling us the type of webcam you have???? We'll try to find the
    proper software for you.

    Pepperoni

    Rachel., Jul 14, 2004

  3. Pepperoni

    Pepperoni Guest

    O.K. I'll reply to the newsgroup because I don't usually use this email
    addy. (It's a spam drop)

    Your cam is a digital camera, not usually referred too as a "webcam", though
    it can be used as such by using netmeeting. The instruction manual can be
    downloaded from:
    http://www.spectraintl.com/xpol/pdc_2070.html
    (you will need to unzip the file, and also need PDF reader:)

    In the manual, about page 40 (page 21 on the PDF "index page) of those
    instructions tells how to set up your cam for Netmeeting.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/netmeeting/

    I would advise you to download the manual (it needs to be unzipped) download
    Netmeeting. You will need an MSN "Passport" to use it. (If you have Hotmail,
    you have a Passport ID) Download Adobe Reader, so you can read the unzipped
    manual.

    I'm not sure, but I think that once you get it to work with Netmeeting, you
    can probably also use it with Yahoo. (My cheap webcam works fine with Yahoo)

    Your camera is actually a digital camera and will function as a web capture
    device. The instruction manual tells how to set it up. It's mostly plug
    and play once you set it to "capture" and hook up the cable, but the
    instructions tell how to set it up for Netmeeting. I'm sure the picture
    quality will be much better than my $29 cheapo model.

    Please reply to alt.computer , I rarely check my trashbot mailbox.

    Pepperoni

    Pepperoni, Jul 14, 2004
  4. Pepperoni

    Pepperoni Guest

    OK, upon further reading, I find that XP will not allow installation of
    downloadable versions of Netmeeting. It *IS* preinstalled, and accessible
    through MSN Messenger. I don't use XP, but there are workarounds available
    for the glitches.
    http://www.meetingbywire.com/XPNetMeeting.htm
    http://www.meetingbywire.com/NetMeeting101.htm

    Pepperoni