    contact, he has the same problem his end ??
    Using MSM ,Win.XP and Logitec Quickcam.
    Visual connection is OK.
    JonC, Jun 3, 2004

  2. JonC

    Jerry G. Guest

    Go to Start, Programs, Accessories, Entertainment, and open Sound Control.
    You need the control panel for the sound.

    In this panel click on Options, Properties, and then Record. Make sure that
    the microphone is checked on. Now hit okay, and you should get the record
    properties menu. Make sure that the microphone is active, and the fader for
    it is turned up fairly high to start with. Press Okay. Next time you open
    it, it should come back as normal again, but the settings should be
    maintained.

    This will allow to have an external microphone work to your card.

    To have the sound from your Webcam selecting a microphone directly to the
    system, open your Webcam software, and choose to Create Pictures and Videos.
    Go in to the Camera Set-up (next to the resolution tab on the right side),
    and then go to the Advanced. In there you should see an audio tab. Open this
    tab, and the sound set-up should be there for the Webcam. There is a
    selection bar that will allow you to select between the external microphone
    (sound card), or the Webcam microphone.

    You should see the rest of the set-up prompts for the levels and etc.

    You will get best results and quality if you use an external microphone
    directly to the sound card. These are not very expensive, and worth the
    investment. I found the microphone that is built in to the Webcam to not be
    as good in quality, has less controllability, and it tends to pick up too
    much room noise.

    After all of this, you will than have to set-up the software that you are
    going to use. Read the documentation for your Webcasting, or communications
    software to have the proper details.

    --

    Greetings,

    Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
    WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

    Can anyone tell me why I get no sound when using my webcam with my
    Jerry G., Jun 3, 2004

  3. JonC

    JonC Guest

    JonC, Jun 3, 2004
  4. JonC

    Scrote Guest

    JonC wrote:
    >> Can anyone tell me why I get no sound when using my webcam with my
    >> contact, he has the same problem his end ??
    >> Using MSM ,Win.XP and Logitec Quickcam.
    >> Visual connection is OK.

    Apart from the advice already given.
    Are you using MSM(6.1) or Windows Messenger(4.7)? If it is the former
    ,as you state, then give it a go on Winows Messenger(4.7), it is,
    apprently, better integrated with XP and gives fewer problems. This has
    been my experience anyway.
    --
    Let's have some new cliches.
    Scrote, Jun 4, 2004