    Stupid question - maybe...but thought I would check before I go and fork out
    for a new one!

    Worm
    Worm, Jul 9, 2004

  2. Worm

    Collector_NZ Guest

    Worm said the following on 9/07/2004 14:04:

    > Hey, is it at all possible to use a digital camera as a webcam, when the
    > product itself does not have the capability (ie my Nikon Coolpix 2100)?
    > Stupid question - maybe...but thought I would check before I go and fork out
    > for a new one!
    >
    > Worm

    If it has a twain driver you can use it as a standard web still camera, if you
    want streaming as in video chat then it needs WDM drivers for video.

    What type of web cam activity do you want to do?
    Collector_NZ, Jul 9, 2004

  3. Worm

    Worm Guest

    Was just wanting something to use within MSN Messenger etc, so streaming
    content.

    Worm

    Worm, Jul 9, 2004
  4. Worm

    Collector_NZ Guest

    Worm said the following on 9/07/2004 15:19:

    > Was just wanting something to use within MSN Messenger etc, so streaming
    > content.
    >
    > Worm
    >
    > "Collector_NZ" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>If it has a twain driver you can use it as a standard web still camera, if

    > you
    >
    >>want streaming as in video chat then it needs WDM drivers for video.
    >>
    >>What type of web cam activity do you want to do?

    Then you probably need to go get yourself a DSE Logitech/Genuis/other el cheapo
    webcam. Just bear in mind that the more you pay the better you will find the
    results.
    Collector_NZ, Jul 9, 2004
  5. Worm

    Ripping Silk Guest

    Collector_NZ wrote:

    > Worm said the following on 9/07/2004 15:19:
    >
    >> Was just wanting something to use within MSN Messenger etc, so streaming
    >> content.
    >>
    >> Worm
    >>
    >> "Collector_NZ" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> If it has a twain driver you can use it as a standard web still
    >>> camera, if

    >> you
    >>
    >>> want streaming as in video chat then it needs WDM drivers for video.
    >>>
    >>> What type of web cam activity do you want to do?
    >>>

    > Then you probably need to go get yourself a DSE Logitech/Genuis/other el
    > cheapo webcam. Just bear in mind that the more you pay the better you
    > will find the results.

    or an elcheapo video capture card that the camera will plug into..
    Ripping Silk, Jul 9, 2004
  6. Worm

    colinco Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Hey, is it at all possible to use a digital camera as a webcam, when the
    > product itself does not have the capability (ie my Nikon Coolpix 2100)?
    > Stupid question - maybe...but thought I would check before I go and fork out
    > for a new one!
    >
    > Worm

    Does your 2100 have a power save function that will cut you off after x
    minutes?
    colinco, Jul 9, 2004
  7. In article <>,
    says...
    > Hey, is it at all possible to use a digital camera as a webcam, when the
    > product itself does not have the capability (ie my Nikon Coolpix 2100)?
    > Stupid question - maybe...but thought I would check before I go and fork out
    > for a new one!

    USB Streaming is needed or else a video capture card that can do this
    function.
    Patrick Dunford, Jul 9, 2004
  8. Worm

    Worm Guest

    "colinco" <> wrote in message

    > Does your 2100 have a power save function that will cut you off after x
    > minutes?

    yeah, but I can put it off for 30 minutes...why that?

    Worm
    Worm, Jul 9, 2004
  9. Worm

    Fishb8 Guest

    Some Fuji cameras will do this, via USB. I have a Finepix 2650 that does it.
    Roy

    Fishb8, Jul 9, 2004
  10. Worm

    colinco Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > > Does your 2100 have a power save function that will cut you off after x
    > > minutes?

    > yeah, but I can put it off for 30 minutes...why that?

    Well that may be how long you can use it as a web cam :)
    colinco, Jul 9, 2004
  11. Worm

    Worm Guest

    "colinco" <> wrote in message
    > Well that may be how long you can use it as a web cam :)

    Well I'd have to get that far first...and right now, I'm thinking its not
    really possible :)

    worm
    Worm, Jul 10, 2004