    can't see make model etc....what's the best way to track down suitable
    drivers?
    Thanks

    John Brown, Jun 3, 2006

  2. John Brown

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:e5s9pi$g7f$,
    John Brown spewed forth:
    > Hi, daughter has a webcam..can't get it to work..needs
    > drivers...where to get correct drivers from?..trouble is there is
    > zero info on the camera - can't see make model etc....what's the best
    > way to track down suitable drivers?
    > Thanks

    Buy a new one.

    --
    I always finish what I sta

    Toolman Tim, Jun 3, 2006

  3. John Brown

    SJP Guest

    "John Brown" <> wrote in message
    > Hi, daughter has a webcam..can't get it to work..needs drivers...where to
    > get correct drivers from?..trouble is there is zero info on the camera -
    > can't see make model etc....what's the best way to track down suitable
    > drivers?
    > Thanks

    No markings at all on it? Serial numbers or FCC numbers?
    Is it worth the bother? Get a new one from
    http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/s...seeAll&maxResults=18&sortBy_1=32768&x=10&y=10

    SJP, Jun 3, 2006
  4. Toolman Tim wrote:
    > In news:e5s9pi$g7f$,
    > John Brown spewed forth:
    >> Hi, daughter has a webcam..can't get it to work..needs
    >> drivers...where to get correct drivers from?..trouble is there is
    >> zero info on the camera - can't see make model etc....what's the best
    >> way to track down suitable drivers?
    >> Thanks

    > Buy a new one.

    I'll translate for him: Buy...a...new....one

    No charge. ;)

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 3, 2006
  5. John Brown

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    Blinky the Shark spewed forth:
    > Toolman Tim wrote:
    >> In news:e5s9pi$g7f$,
    >> John Brown spewed forth:
    >>> Hi, daughter has a webcam..can't get it to work..needs
    >>> drivers...where to get correct drivers from?..trouble is there is
    >>> zero info on the camera - can't see make model etc....what's the
    >>> best way to track down suitable drivers?
    >>> Thanks

    >> Buy a new one.

    > I'll translate for him: Buy...a...new....one
    >
    > No charge. ;)

    <g>

    --
    I always finish what I sta

    Toolman Tim, Jun 3, 2006
  6. John Brown

    Plato Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:

    > > Hi, daughter has a webcam..can't get it to work..needs
    > > drivers...where to get correct drivers from?..trouble is there is
    > > zero info on the camera - can't see make model etc....what's the best
    > > way to track down suitable drivers?
    > > Thanks

    > Buy a new one.

    Cant find/get drivers? Does sure seem like a good case for new
    one...........

    Plato, Jun 3, 2006
  7. John Brown

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:4481f19b$0$60335$,
    Plato spewed forth:
    > Toolman Tim wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi, daughter has a webcam..can't get it to work..needs
    >>> drivers...where to get correct drivers from?..trouble is there is
    >>> zero info on the camera - can't see make model etc....what's the
    >>> best way to track down suitable drivers?
    >>> Thanks

    >> Buy a new one.

    > Cant find/get drivers? Does sure seem like a good case for new
    > one...........

    Like, what are they now, less than $50 or something? <grin>

    --
    I always finish what I sta

    Toolman Tim, Jun 3, 2006
  8. John Brown

    John Brown Guest

    "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    > In news:4481f19b$0$60335$,
    > Plato spewed forth:

    >>> Buy a new one.

    >> Cant find/get drivers? Does sure seem like a good case for new
    >> one...........

    > Like, what are they now, less than $50 or something? <grin>
    >
    > --
    > I always finish what I sta

    ---------------------
    No...I think I'll buy a new one :)

    John Brown, Jun 4, 2006
  9. John Brown

    > In news:4481f19b$0$60335$,
    > Plato spewed forth:

    >>> Buy a new one.

    >> Cant find/get drivers? Does sure seem like a good case for new
    >> one...........

    > Like, what are they now, less than $50 or something? <grin>

    --------------
    For your interest...

    Decided to Check "Device Manager", it shows up there

    Then looked at...

    http://gkall.hobby.nl/sn9c10x.html

    USB\VID_0c45 and PID_6025 ; SN9C102 + TAS5130
    USB\VID_0c45 and PID_6025 Mi_00; sn9c103 + TAS5130 ???? see sn9c102 ???

    The USB camera controller chip info was here:
    http://www.sonix.com.tw/sonix/product.do?p=SN9C102

    ....and now webcam working just fine <grin>.

    Job done...thanks to those who provided constructive comments.

    John Brown, Jun 4, 2006