    machine?

    Thanks,

    Gordon
    Gordon J. Rattray, Jul 25, 2005

  2. What kind of wireless adapter is attached to that computer? USB webcams can
    use a lot of USB bandwidth (assuming that you are not using the faster USB
    2.0) and thus have the potential to interfere with wireless USB devices.

    Other than that, it may be that your cpu is too slow to handle both the
    webcam pictures and wireless communications. Look at the task manager (in
    XP, press CTRL-ALT-DEL) and look for the System Idle Process. When you are
    not doing anything on the computer, it should be using greater than 90% of
    the cpu (i.e., greater than 90% of the cpu is free). On the other hand, if
    this number is very small, then there may not be enough cpu time to have
    both a webcam and a wireless connection active (this is more likely if you
    are using encryption but you should not turn off encryption).

    Finally, your webcam might be emitting at 2.4GHz. I assume that the webcam
    is not wireless?

    -Yves

    Yves Konigshofer, Jul 26, 2005