    Does anyone know of any good resources for how to do all this and what
    software is required?

    Ta

    Gorbag, Feb 28, 2005

  2. Gorbag

    Jerry G. Guest

    I know of a case where someone did a Webcam home security thing. The thief
    came in, and cut the phone line!

    A good alarm company will connect to a phone line that is not accessible to
    the thief when he comes in, or they will use a wireless monitoring service.
    Also, the system has to be battery backed up. Sometimes there can be a power
    failure, and or the thief can turn off the power in the home. A descent
    alarm company will dispatch their security or the police within 2 to 3
    minutes.

    --

    Jerry G.
    ======

    "Gorbag" <> wrote in message
    I`m very interested in setting up a webcam as a means of home security. I
    have a wireless network and I know I can set up a cam to link to that so as
    i don`t need to have my PC running.

    I`d like to be able to view from the cam from any PC (At work for example)
    and also to automatically store images on my webspace daily.

    Jerry G., Feb 28, 2005

  3. Gorbag

    Killer Bite Guest

    "Gorbag" <> wrote in message
    > I`m very interested in setting up a webcam as a means of home security. I
    > have a wireless network and I know I can set up a cam to link to that so
    > as i don`t need to have my PC running.
    >
    > I`d like to be able to view from the cam from any PC (At work for example)
    > and also to automatically store images on my webspace daily.

    You don't need to go to all that trouble, if it's just pictures of your
    sister in the nude, that you want, I have some you can have.

    Killer Bite, Feb 28, 2005
  4. Gorbag

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Check out
    Sharpvision simply the best http://www.seedsv.com or
    http://www.sharpvisioncctv.com .

    pcbutts1, Feb 28, 2005
  5. Gorbag

    Mark Shaw Guest

    "Gorbag" <> wrote in message
    > I`m very interested in setting up a webcam as a means of home security. I
    > have a wireless network and I know I can set up a cam to link to that so

    as
    > i don`t need to have my PC running.

    Can you really secure your home with only one webcam?
    Be aware of any relevant CCTV laws, particularly if your webcam has a
    greater than VGA resolution, and if it is pointing towards public property.

    Mark Shaw, Mar 1, 2005
  6. Gorbag wrote:

    > My house has been broken into twice. Both times through the kitchen window.
    > I can set up a cam to view my kitchen and through the window into the back
    > garden. That`s all I need.

    Next time they break in, just before you club 'em with a 9 iron, ask
    them to sign a model release so you can video them.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Mar 1, 2005
  7. Gorbag

    G. Morgan Guest

    Subject: Re: Webcam for home security?
    Newsgroup: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    => Mark Shaw <= wrote:

    >Can you really secure your home with only one webcam?
    >Be aware of any relevant CCTV laws, particularly if your webcam has a
    >greater than VGA resolution, and if it is pointing towards public property.

    What the hell are you talking about?

    G. Morgan, Mar 1, 2005