    mode, would that be possible? And finally, is there a generic webcam 64-bit
    driver I could try installing?

    Thx!
    Jim Morrison, Sep 30, 2008

  2. No, it won't work. You must have 64-bit drivers for any of
    the 64-bit version of Windows. If the manufacturer/vendor
    does not provide drivers for Vista x64, then you cannot use
    the camera in Vista x64.

    Contact the manufacturer/vendor fo the needed drivers.

    32-bit software and 32-bit drivers are 2 entirely different
    animals. Yes, Vista x64 should run most 32-bit software,
    but 32-bit drivers cannot be installed in Vista x64.

    Bobby Johnson, Sep 30, 2008

  3. Jim Morrison

    Carlos Guest

    Jim,
    No 32-bit driver will work on any 64-bit flavor of Windows.
    All that being said...
    Which is your camera (make, model)?
    Sometimes you will find drivers for identical cameras labeled differently by
    another manufacturer.
    I mean, same electronics inside, different styling/naming in the outside.
    If you feel like investigating, open the *.inf file of your camera driver
    set and look for the vendor id (VEN) and device info (DEV).
    They are both 4 digit hexadecimal numbers representing the real manufacturer
    of the chipset and its type.
    With that info in your hand you might try searching the web for equivalent
    web cams.
    Not a very easy task, but doable.
    Best of luck.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Sep 30, 2008
  4. Jim Morrison

    S.SubZero Guest

    On Sep 30, 6:47 am, "Jim Morrison" <> wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am having problems installing my USB2.0 PC Camera on my Vista x64

    What brand webcam is it? Mine identifies itself as a USB2.0 webcam,
    it's a STK-1135, and there is a Vista x64 driver for it.
    S.SubZero, Sep 30, 2008
  5. Jim Morrison

    Jim Morrison Guest

    "S.SubZero" <> wrote in message
    On Sep 30, 6:47 am, "Jim Morrison" <> wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am having problems installing my USB2.0 PC Camera on my Vista x64

    What brand webcam is it? Mine identifies itself as a USB2.0 webcam,
    it's a STK-1135, and there is a Vista x64 driver for it.

    Hi, well it identifies as USB2.0 PC Camera, i bought it via ebay, small
    laptop webcam with 6-led night vision, there is no manufacturer logo or ID
    anywhere but I found on the net that it is SU20 produced by Shenzhen Sundah
    Technology Co., Limited...
    Jim Morrison, Oct 2, 2008
  6. Jim Morrison

    Carlos Guest

    Jim,
    Here's the web page for your camera:
    http://www.sundah.com/product/en/product_detail.asp?id=105
    They claim Vista support.
    There are no links for downloading drivers but you may want to contact them
    using the info in that page.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Oct 3, 2008